Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:58 pm 

Can someone tell me if they think it is possible to be in ketosis after only 1 day? I started back up again yesterday then this morning I checked and the strip was purple. It just seemed to fast to be in ketosis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:28 am 

I take my ketosis reading every morning once I rise from bed, I am in the moderate range. A previous post stated the ketosis sticks will get a better reading during the evening hours. Does anyone else have a preference as to when they do their readings, Thanks

Start date March 18, 2004
Age 39

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:57 am 

Keepitnatural--I checked my book and it said evening (2-3 hours after eating) but I bet that checking them early when you first get up would be a good time too. I had read where our bodies burn ketones more effectively in late hours, so I would think that while we are sleeping (and when we first get up) would be a good time too!!! :D :D

230/190/170
34 years old 6' ft tall
started Atkins Aug.23,2003

"I'm not fat, I'm just big boned"

Restarted Atkins Sept. 17th 2008
Current weight- 224 lbs.
38 years old

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:19 pm 

rpez, I started induction Monday and was already showing pink on Tuesday. I think it just depends on how many stored carbs we actually have that our bodies need to get rid of. I had been exercising, even though I was cheating on the food, maybe I was keeping the carbs low by the exercise I was doing?

As far as "when" to test, I usually test first thing in the morning when I wake up. I've had darker strips once in a while when I get home from work (around 6:00PM). I think it depends on how much water you drink too. I also notice that the more eggs I eat, the darker the strips get.

spongebob....are you with us on the 2 week induction club? Haven't heard from you ;) Hope you're doing well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:38 pm 

I am so glad this was posted. I have been getting very pissed because my sticks went from purple to trace even thought I eat eggs, cheese and meat. Yes. My carbs are between 4-6 a day now because I was not losing on the low carb because of over indulgence in Atkins sweets. :twisted: It caused me to stall and get very upset now I drink a gallon of water a day (at least) to flush out my system. But all that said I still get ticked when I see the negative or trace readings. Just disheartening. Perhaps I should just stop reading the tests altogether. Any thoughts?