Custom Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Picky Eater Keeps Slipping
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:42 pm 
:oops: Hey Guys, I am a picky eater and an emotional eater. I am struggling each day to stay motivated and stop cheating. I feel that I can only succeed if I eat the same things over and over. However, I am board with this. What can I do?

Post subject: heres what i eat
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:36 pm 

I have heard alot of what to eat and what not to eat on the Atkins diet but here is what I have experienced success with. It may not work for everyone but its helped me drop 8 lbs in the first week of induction.

breakfast:
2 or 3 eggs scrambled with cheese and a slice of ham or 2 fried eggs with 3 strips of bacon.

lunch:
2 hamburger patties with melted cheese,ketchup and mustard or a salad with grated cheese, sliced ham in it, and Carb Options ranch dressing.

dinner:
grilled, seasoned chicken salad with bacon pieces and Carb Options Italian Dressing or grilled chicken with mozarella cheese melted and various atkins safe veggies.

I have only drank water and not anything else. I have had little to no sugar even though I had a break down a couple days ago and had a brownie and some little valentines day heart candies, but it seems as if it hasnt set me back to bad. I think some people take induction ultra serious, but that just my opinion. This board is great and I really like having it available to me and to help me through my process

230/222/190

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:21 pm 

CONGRATS! I'm just making through my first day. I agree. Thank god for this message board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:11 am 
Thanks I will try this. :o

Post subject: cheese
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:27 pm 

so even if the cheese says 0 carbs on the nutrition read out we should assume that it has some? :) Also I have probably not been eating my veggies the way I should can you stall on lossing doing that?

Post subject: my second week too.......
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:49 pm 

I am really excited I finally figured out how to us this message board. I am not really computer savy. I am really enjoying being on Atkins. I am a single mom of twin girls 7. I own a hair dressing business in my home town. I want to loose 40 pounds. I am 5'7 and my weight is 186. I want to be in the high 40's. My measurments are 42/32/42. I would love to see that change by the summer. It would feel so good. Any suggestion or ideas please let me know. I am in ketosis. But, I think I am eatting a way to much whip cream. I just throughout the rest tonight.
I think this is a great form. :D :) 8)

Post subject: The veggies
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:24 pm 

The veggies sure make a difference for me. They stop any form of constipation I may have when I am eating alot of protein expecially cheese. I usually have greek salad or ceaser salad. Brocolli is one of my favorites as far a veggies go.
I am having trouble staying away from real whipped cream. I many have to stop buying it. I am in ketosis though. (purple) I would like to get on the scale tomorrow but I should give it a couple more days.

:lol: :) :D
Let me know how it is going
emily

191/183/148 5'7 inches tall.
37 year old single mom of twin girls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:42 pm 

Hi everyone!.. I'm new here and had a couple questions.. Anyone from Canada? specifically Alberta? Also I wanted some sort of gague of my progress.. whether it was normal.. I have read many a post on here before diving in and it seems very different for everyone so I just thought I would ask.. today is day 15 and I'm staying on induction because I am a sugar addict and don't want to go into remission :P .. I have lost 9 lbs. none in the last week though and 9" total.. also to get mushy for a sec all the support here is so amazing.. I'm getting all weepy typing this.. since I strated I have nothing but negative feedback from everyone I have talked to (minus my husband) it is so nice to hear of success from real people.. I was so scared that maybe it was like those infomercials with the really fake but really appealing before and after pictures.. so thanks all for being here and being friendly and helpful and most of all thanks for being the inspiration that us in phase one so desperately need

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:48 pm 
Active Contributor

Hi there FELLOW canuck!!!!Yes there are some canadians on here, as for albertans I will be moving to Edmonton in April so do I count LoL! ALSO Im 1 year younger than you.... Welcome welcome welcome to this WOE and the boards. Dont worry about getting mushy, we all have our mushy moments :). I know what you mean about not having support from people in your life, or getting negative comments. Its all I hear from family, how dangerous this WOE is ya di ya di ya da. I know its hard, but thats why there is this board which is SOOOO much help and motivation and the people are incredibly supportive. There is an Induction March 4th thread if you would like to introduce yourself in there, as well as post whatever you want in your own thread. Again, welcome to the board and I look forward to getting to know you and hearing about your progress!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:57 pm 

Aww.. well thanks much.. and I am looking forward to getting to know you.. pretty soon we'll only be an hour and a half apart.. thats practically neighbors.. hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:58 pm 
Active Contributor

No kidding hey! I just read your profile and saw where your from so we will be practically neighbors!!!

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:20 am 

Hello everyone,

I am new to Atkins almost through my third week. I have lost 16 pounds, and am actually having fun with this way of eating. I do have some questions , maybe someone could help. My son is doing this diet with me, he is 14 and wants to lose about 40 pounds, I am still reading the book , but haven't seen too much on how to make sure he gets what he needs. I do give him vitamins and his carb intake is a little higher , he has lost 10 pounds and he loves it. This week though I am noticing that I feel a little sluggish and lazy. I am not sure why. I am not a big morning eater. Maybe that could have something to do with it. If anyone has any suggestions I would love some advice. Good Luck to all you Atkiners.... Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:49 pm 

Thanks so much for all the information, was considering trying the akiens diet, but wanted to try to get as much information as I can before I do start it ,so I don't screw up. And your post answered alot of my questions. My main concern is what to eat and not eat during the first few weeks. :D Marybeth

Post subject: WELCOME! WELCOME!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:25 pm 
Active Contributor

Hi MaryBeth,

Welcome aboard! You're so very welcome for the information!

Also if you look up near the top of the page you'll see in dark blue, "Advice From Senior Members," which is jam packed with good advice, tips, snack ideas, time-savers, and help for newer members!

Please do yourself a favor and go to the library to get a copy of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (DANDR) or look for it at WalMart. It's so important to understand how, and why this way of eating (WOE) works, and it has help for if/when you have a plateau or stall too.

Be sure to read the other STICKYS at the top of this page...The one called FAQS & the one about WATER too! Very important information.

I wish you the very best success on this journey!

It's packed with great information.

sz26-sz16[b]wgt 271.5 - 197lbs
1/03 -5/08 = 78lbs gone for good!
Slow n' Steady Wins The Race
“All things are possible once enough human beings realize that everything is at stake.” –Norman Cousins

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:21 pm 

Hi there, I started the Introduction phase on April 5, 2005. I think things are going okay. I am exercising and drinking tons of water!
I will weigh myself again tonight at the gym and see if there is any progress. I am really hoping this works as I have tried a LOT of diets. I am firm on this and want to see results so I am sticking to it.
I do have a question though, When it comes to salads, I have not been measuring, will this be a problem?

Thanks for having this Board, I am glad I found it.

Happy dieting... :lol:
Canadian Girl

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next