Custom Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 903 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:09 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Well, I'm not sure that my journal will be anything exciting for you guys to read, but I feel the need to do it for myself. I think it will help to see things written down.

So, I started re-induction yesterday 10/11/07, at 222 lbs (I'm 5'3"). So far so good I guess! No action on the scales yet (yes I am a self-proclaimed scale nazi), but that's ok & fully expected at day 2 :)

Anyhow - today I had:
Breakfast - 4 cheese flavored egg substitute w/ bacon & one little wedge of cheese. Coffee & water

Snack: Celery/cucumbers w/ ranch dip

Lunch: Bacon cheeseburger w/ lettuce & slice of tomato & bit of mayo. Bought a side salad but didnt eat that (will later).

Snack: I may go grab another oz of cheese just so I'm not starving later when I get home & eat something stupid.

Dinner: Not too sure yet, but I think I'll make adobo chicken or maybe some fish that I have from Trader Joe's in my freezer

Started Re-Induction 1/10/11
Reinduction weight 233 1/10/11
Current weight 233
Goal weight 125 lbs
F/30

God bless our troops!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:22 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Hey, Karen, glad to have you on the Journals forum! Do this for yourself - I have found it invaluable in monitoring what I'm doing vs. what the scales have to report.

It's also fun to look back and see what you were eating - sometimes I forget about a particular dish we really enjoyed, and it jogs my poor old addled memory banks to look back in time here!

ONLY if you want, we can critique your menus - or anything else where we might think we spot a problem. But that's optional, so just ask for any advice if you want it!

Char

I reject your reality and substitute my own. --Adam on Mythbusters

2 7 10 16 31 12

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:38 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Char! Yeah I think I need a bit of critiquing (did I spell that right? Looks funny), at least right now at the beginning b/c it has been so long since I followed Atkins religiously. I am forgetting basic "rules" to the diet (ie. if certain amounts of veggies are required, limits on veggies, how many carbs are in certain items, etc). I am trying to locate my book so I can help jog my memory

Current weight 233
Goal weight 125 lbs
F/30

God bless our troops!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:31 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Ok, change in my dinner plans for the evening. I ended up having a turbot filet (0 carbs) that was marinated & then pan fried (butter/oil mix) w/ capers & a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. On the side I made roasted asparagus strings (peeled w/ potato peeler) & green bell peppers (I know, weird combo, but all i had in the fridge). Spritzed them w/ garlic olive oil spray & also threw some sea salt on there w/ splash of lemon juice. All washed down w/ 2 big glasses of water. Mmmmmmmm it was tasty!

Current weight 233
Goal weight 125 lbs
F/30

God bless our troops!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:37 pm 
Frequent Contributor

LOL, our dinners were very similar - I had red snapper, dipped in beaten eggwhite and then dredged in a combo I keep in the freezer - some of my hoarded ATkins corn muffin mix, almond meal, and Parm cheese, and fried in a combo of olive oil and butter - then I made a pan sauce with that, reduced with a little of the white wine we had for dinner (a nice Baywood Pinot Grigio), fresh-squeezed lemon juice from my Meyer lemon tree, capers, and some butter to finish it off, and some microwaved sugar snap peas with butter. YUM!

2 7 10 16 31 12

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:59 pm 
Frequent Contributor

ooh yeah, your dinner sounds good too! I'm new to the world of seafood, so I don't usually prepare it myself at home. (except for shellfish of course, that i can deal with) I leave it up to the chefs at restaurants though when it comes to the fish.

Current weight 233
Goal weight 125 lbs
F/30

God bless our troops!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:14 pm 
Frequent Contributor

I don't cook a LOT of fish at home, but DH loves it, and it's always fresh if I wander down to the wharf like I did this morning, so I think I'll get into it a bit more. I love shellfish too and that's what I prefer to cook - a big mess of prawns or some Dungeness crabs...mmmm!

2 7 10 16 31 12

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:19 pm 
Frequent Contributor

mmmmmm prawns & crab. :P

Current weight 233
Goal weight 125 lbs
F/30

God bless our troops!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:04 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Ok, I don't have much of a game plan for today as I have a couple parties this evening. A kid's party at 6 & a booze filled b-day party for my good friend (oh what a challenge that will be...).

Anyhow, for breakfast I didn't exactly eat. I woke up late & had an appointment to go look at a house, so I ran out the door w/ coffee. While shopping at the grocery store w/ my fiance after our appointment, I grabbed a individually sold string cheese because I was starving. We then finally went to "breakfast" which was really at lunch time or later & I had a 3 egg cheese omelet w/ a side of ham. I ate 1/2 the omelet and 1/3 of the order of ham (it was enough to feed 3!) and took the rest home. I successfully passed on the hash browns & toast (although I did forget to order my food w/out those items).

DInner - Hmmmm... I'm thinking I'm going to be a scavanger at the 2 parties I have later & will eat something Atkins friendly. If I'm hungry before I leave the house maybe I'll have some left overs just so I"m not starving & make poor choices later.

Current weight 233
Goal weight 125 lbs
F/30

God bless our troops!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:12 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Well, I had a disappointing end to my day yesterday. Being that I just started reinduction a couple days ago I have forgotten many of the food no-no's. At the party I was at last night, I forgot that meatballs from restaurants are made w/ bread crumbs & i had quite a few mini meatballs. THEN (because I'm an idiot, I know), I was peeved & discouraged & figured my night was already shot, so I drank beer all night at my friends b-day party. Idiot, idiot, idiot. Not only do I have a headache today, I messed up my whole day yesterday. BUT today...no mas b.s. I'm on track & that's that. I have no more parties or anything for a while (other than halloween), so I will be able to do this. I'm just mad at myself for caving yesterday like a sucker. BUT...today's a new day & I'm on a mission :)

Lunch- Going to have leftover cheese omelet & ham from yesterday w/ LOTS of water

Dinner - Probably going to make a whole roasted adobo chicken. We'll see.

Current weight 233
Goal weight 125 lbs
F/30

God bless our troops!

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:13 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Sorry about your little slip up. It's really hard when you don't cook the food to know what's in it but you know for next time.

I also wanted to add that sometimes places like IHOP will add pancake batter to there omelette's to make them nice and fluffy. SO make sure you ask for them to be made with cracked eggs and not there egg mix. Made that mistake a few times before I figured it out.

Ask lots of questions when you order out. Especially at first. And good luck!

Amy

First try 262/169

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:13 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the advice Amy! I should know this already (well, I do...), but it's been a while so I forgot :) I'm back on track though, no worries!

Well today for breakfast I had:
2 hardboiled eggs (minus the yolks..they gross me out)
2 ham & swiss roll ups
Coffee

For lunch I'm having:
Smoked beef sausage
leftover roasted asparagus/peppers
water

Dinner:
Not sure yet. I'm thinking I"m going to make my chicken enchilada stuffing that I would normally put in my tortillas to make "real" enchiladas. You boil chicken breasts in chicken broth & then shred the chicken after it's cooked. Mix the shredded chicken w/ sour cream, sofrito & I like to add in a bit of fresh cilantro. Then I'd assume I would just sprinkle w/ cheese, microwave until melted & enjoy :)

Current weight 233
Goal weight 125 lbs
F/30

God bless our troops!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:57 am 
Frequent Contributor

Well today was an in a hurry breakfast. I had 3 slices of Canadian bacon & coffee at home & I'm now at work & was hungry again so I had a couple more slices of Canadian bacon, 2 little pieces of cheese & a few celery slices & cucumber slices. Now I'm chugging water :)

Lunch - Not sure just yet, although I do have broccoli w/ me as well as leftover chicken enchilada stuffing. We'll see...

Current weight 233
Goal weight 125 lbs
F/30

God bless our troops!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:42 am 
Frequent Contributor

Ok, well yesterday I ended up having sausage & broccoli w/ cheese sauce for lunch .

For dinner, I had a jr. bacon cheeseburger & side cesar salad from Wendy's since I had to go to school after work & didnt have time to get a decent dinner elsewhere :) Not too bad though, I shouldn't complain.

Earlier this morning I had 2 Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties & some coffee. I am getting hungry again though, so I may snack on some string cheese or whatever I can find in my fridge here at work.

For lunch I brought chicken salad that i made out of my leftover whole roasted adobo chicken (but I fear I might be eating some of that shortly b/c I'm hungry :oops:

Snack I have raw broccoli, celery, & cukes w/ ranch dip & spinach dip.

Dinner...I have no idea yet. I have to do something w/ the other whole roaster chicken I have at home.

Current weight 233
Goal weight 125 lbs
F/30

God bless our troops!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:32 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so today has been a day filled thus far w/ fast food as I didn't have time to make breakfast or really pack a lunch.

For Breakfast
I ordered a sausage & egg biscuit & a sausage biscuit from McDonalds & ate just the 2 sausage patties & egg.

Lunch -
Italian beef sandwich which I ordered w/ cheese & hot peppers, but instead I got green peppers & hot peppers...but whatever, not a big deal. So I am eating the inside of that & will find some salad or veggies around here someplace.

Dinner - No idea...may be another wonderful fast food meal since i have school this evening & no time to stop home for dinner :(

Current weight 233
Goal weight 125 lbs
F/30

God bless our troops!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 903 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next