Custom Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Julianne's Journal
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:25 am 
Active Contributor

Yesterday...............187

Today....................186.2

Goal is loss by Valentine's. Maybe it will help me to see the numbers here!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:58 pm 
Active Contributor

Today, flat 186.

Had steak for lunch. Vegs. in butter, some blueberries.........

Careful at supper!!!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:20 am 
Active Contributor

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:27 pm 
Active Contributor

It looks like you are at least in the elevator going down! Seeing the scale below 180 was a place I thought I would be "happy," but on Atkins I have never gotten below the 181 mark before rebounding or relapsing or stalling forever and ever. You're far closer to it than I.

edo, ergo, sum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:43 am 
Active Contributor

SS,

I have one terrible habit that is holding me back I know. It is diet coke. I am hooked on it and nothing else appeals to me. What does that say about some ingredient that is in it? I don't desire to buy any other diet drink. So I know until I break that habit it is going to be a slow ride down this elevator! :lol:

I have friends with the same love for it, and they say the same thing. I guess it has a higher level of aspartame or something, but it is the sweetness level. Diet Dr. Pepper tastes bitter to me.
Pepsi has an off taste to me.

I weighed 185.8 today, but it probably is because I couldn't sleep till really late and stayed up and did organizing. I had a huge desire to have some milk chocolate bars that were left over from Christmas but instead I went and got almond butter and put it on celery. I was so proud of myself, but I really didn't need that at all. I had some water before I weighed early in the morning to try and flush out the food, so that could have added weight.

How old are you? I am 62. I think that has a lot to do with my losing, too. I need to up my metabolism and move a lot more!

185 has always been my comfort zone, I don't panic enough when I am there. So I am determined to get below that and start some real losing. 190 alarms me and 200 was my day of truth. That is the most I have ever weighed and there just wasn't anyway I could feel I needed to weigh that much. I have men in my family and that is what they weigh.

Isn't it funny how the numbers affect us? 165 was my lowest on this plan, and I absolutely was thrilled with that weight. But I a lso was very, very careful with my eating at that weight.

I want to be able to have more variety than I did then and so I am working to find what my body can handle and be healthy, too!

Let's do this!!!!!!

Julianne

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:58 pm 
Active Contributor

Julianne,

I just turned 60!

When I watched the Super Bowl, I'd think, gee I weigh as much as some of those men out on the field! Not funny!

I never got the soft drink habit. My mother tightly restricted them when we grew up. We never ever had the real thing. She would buy these like 10 for a dollar Check drinks from Winn Dixie, but LOL if we had lunch, she'd split two cans among four people. And they were considered a treat. When I went to college, there was a coke machine on our floor, but I had not developed the habit, and I'm glad, because I couldn't have afforded it. Some persons, including my roommate lived off coke--she started with one in the a.m. for breakfast.

I did develop quite a coffee habit, mega cups a day of real stuff, but I went cold turkey off of it in my thirties and switched to decaf and dropped to only one or max two cups a day, which is where I am now. Decaf is totally inferior to me (except Dunkin Donut's brand perhaps and some good blends), but I've never returned to the real thing.

I wonder what is in diet coke. I guess you could do how cigarette weaners do. Take however many a day or week you are drinking now and reduce it by one and stick to it. Then after a week or so, go down one more and so on. I wonder though if just having one or allowing yourself just a few would just keep the desire going.

I drink about 3 cokes or soft drinks of any sort PER YEAR. I'm not sure I could tell the difference between the brands.

edo, ergo, sum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:28 pm 
Active Contributor

SS,

I bought Diet Rite with splenda to have as well for awhile. I like it less. I have gotten off of DC many times before and when I am off I am strong. Kind of like carbs.

I have never had a cup of coffee before and can't stand the taste of tea. I don't like milk as a drink. So there isn't a lot left to drink, but water. Fruit juices are too high in carbs, I would like those. I may try putting the flavoring in the water bottles for awhile.

We are a result of our habits.............changing them is so hard, but so fruitful! Wonder if most of our problems in life come from the few bad habits we have?

Hope you find that special job you are looking for soon. You sound like a very interesting person who could do a lot of things well.

Julianne

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:07 pm 
Active Contributor

The quest for a better job is the pits. I got two rejections today, one after a lengthy interview process. It is one thing to have your resume and paper application rejected, but then another to be rejected after two interviews. I did have some ambivalence about the position, but it had resolved before the interview, so I don't think that came through.

A friend of mine asked me to pick up for her some Lo Sugar Cranberry six packs. I had never drunk them. She is diabetic. I read the label once I bought them and they are low in carbs (1 or 2 I think) and sweetened with Splenda. They are not OVERLY sweet, which for me is a good thing. I thought I might get a pack for some variety in what I drink, but then I don't want to start a habit. They are about 60 cents a piece. You might not like them, as they are not too sweet, but it might be something to try. I think it comes in large bottles as well.

Sometimes in summer I buy one or two limes. I will cut a very thin slice, lightly squeeze or twist it, put it into a glass with ice, add water, and a package of sweetener.

It would be nice to have just "good" habits. I can do something good for myself for weeks on end and then, out of the blue, it falls apart and I will quit doing it.

edo, ergo, sum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 pm 
Active Contributor

Thanks for the idea! I have seen those I think. Good idea.

My sister puts a tiny bit of real cranberry juice in her water. That would be like your lime idea. I know I could probably come up with some neat beverages if I will just try something new. I like the Fuji water and notice that my Walmart is selling it with the drinks by the counter. For some reason it tastes better to me! Maybe it's the pretty flower on the label!

One good habit can make a big difference and I just want to keep focused on what really is important in life.

Have a sweet night.

J

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:52 am 
Active Contributor

I am at 185.2 today. I am so glad to be losing again!

Digital scales give you hope because the numbers go down more often!!!!!

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:44 am 
Active Contributor

Went shopping yesterday and bought one thing I shouldn't have gotten!
An Atkins type snack that said only 3 net carbs. But I think it pushed me up too high, and so today I am at 185.8.

You know I think I would rather go up in carbs by eating too many blueberries than too many processed things.

So, just a note to me not to provide for myself a way to gain!!!

But I just walked with a friend and feel full of energy, so I plan to make something nice and lowcarb for meals.

I love it when the sun comes shining through the window like it is today! I am so thankful for the sun. It makes everything brighter and is such a gift from God!

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:20 am 
Active Contributor

Today I am at 185.6, down a tad from yesterday. I am so happy to be staying in the 185 number. It has been quite awhile since I have been here for more than one day!

Yesterday I made a nice pumpkin pie with cream cheese in it.
I left off the crust and just put whipped cream on it. My husband thought it tasted like pie, so it was good enough for him.

I'm not sure of the carb count, so I just ate small servings.

If I can maintain or lose today I will have met my goal to lose by Valentine's Day! I walked twice yesterday and will try again today to walk.

I'm looking for some 85% chocolate in our town and so far it seems everyone is out. Must be popular right now!

Julianne

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:52 pm 
Active Contributor

J--

I hope you reach your Valentine's day goal!

I'm not sure if I have ever have seen 85% chocolate for sale (but I live in a small rural community with basically Walmart). I have seen the 75% in Walmart and I think in CVS. Sometimes CVS will have it on sale. The brand is Lindt. But, I checked the internet and there is such a thing. It must be pretty non-sweet, I don't want to say bitter, because the 75% is pretty non-sweet also.

B--

edo, ergo, sum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:25 am 
Active Contributor

Well, in one way I reached my goal. Yesterday I weighed the 185ish. But today I gained, my husband had taken me out and I had too many macadamian nuts! I made the Paula Dean's Georgia chicken for supper and had blueberries. So I am sure I went over carbwise and hit a high caloric intake!

But on the bright side, I zipped up my 14 pants all the way to the top! I have lost in my upper waist where I always lose first.

My weakness is portion control of favorites like macadamian nuts.
I wish they would sell the Mauna Loa brand in smaller bags. I know I could portion them and I will start doing that again. There were times years ago when I could eat a whole can and not gain so I think I remember that. There is one example of how doing Atkins over again is harder. You remember some of the "cheats" that you slipped in without gaining!!!!!

Thanks, SS. The 85% choc. sometimes is at Drug Emporium, but seems to be out. One of our board members has it all the time, in small pieces. The higher the number, the more it satisfies. Guess that's why milk chocolate calls for eating the whole bag?? :lol:

My next goal is March 7. I have a doctor's appointment and she will be taking blood. I want to stay completely away from bread and other starchy things so I won't have higher cholesterol.
I would like to break 185, it is a mental marker that I want to pass!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Happy tomorrow, too! (that's for me, to remember to stay on target!)........

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:46 pm 
Active Contributor

Julianne,

I think nuts do alot of people in, including me at times, because it is one of the best treats we can have on Atkins, or maybe I should say snacks.

I used to put TEN macadamian nuts in a baggy and take them to work with me. I learned to NOT keep the can in my desk drawer.

Good luck on getting at goal or so close you can on count doing so anyway--on to the next goal.

I think there is a difference in eating too much of the Atkins acceptable foods like blueberries or nuts and REALLY going way off and eating heavy sweets or starches. I know both can stall weight gain, but I don't think the first messes up your blood work values like sweets do.

I bought a nut mix today call Planter's Nut-trition, which said on the label it was South Beach friendly. It was on sale. I can't open the cans yet though and probably won't for awhile, but maybe after I get BACK down. It might be too tempting to even look inside. It is a mix of macadamian nuts, cashews, and almonds, with 50% less salt.

Ss

edo, ergo, sum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next