Custom Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:41 am 
Active Contributor

I have walked three times this week and am doing arm weights. The new cooler weather has just pulled me out of the house and down to a beautiful park where I think I could walk happily all by myself if needed. I am going to focus on exercise and not having the extras like dark chocolate and nuts. These two things are hard right now for me to eat in the right portions.
I made some great steakums philly meat with cheese and lettuce and avocado for lunch. So good. Had a few walnuts. They aren't my favorite nut, but I know they are so healthy. I am trying to keep my immunity strong. We had salmon yesterday and it felt good.
Evenings are my challenge. I actually am eating perfectly right, but having too much. Time to shrink my appetite!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:05 am 
Active Contributor

I am at 187.2 today. I have been having some ups lately and wondered if my thyroid meds were off. But I think I have just been eating too much in the evenings.
I want to try and get down to 185 soon and see if I can find a losing streak again.
My son made some great tilapia for us for lunch yesterday and it is so easy to just set the filets out in the icebox and have them ready.
I need to go get some salmon again, too.
Lately, I know it's about having something ready to go and that takes preparation. Time to start that!
Verb, I am so proud of your new weight and you are inspiring me!
We're having colder weather and it makes it a little harder to want to take off on a walk, but it does make you want to move faster!!!!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:21 am 
Active Contributor

My thyroid is ok, just had it checked. I am about 188 and fluctuate between 187 and 188 a lot.
I have decided not to be extreme right now, but to look for moderation and try to shrink my appetite for the holidays.
My husband has lost about 7 pounds by not having supper! What a guy. I know so well that nighttime is so key to tomorrow's weight.
I am focusing on easy meals and having something on hand to eat quickly when I need it.
I have definitely learned now that it is eating that makes me hungry! My appetite grows during the day if I feed it! So.............
I am working on simplifying my home and making that my gift to my family and to help me with focus. It keeps me out of the kitchen!

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:58 am 
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like you're doing great, Julianne!

Good going on getting the thyroid checked. I've always wondered about mine--everyone in my entire family of origin except me takes Synthroid. Really, though, I don't have any hypothyroid symptoms other than my weight issues.

Loading 7/11-12, total lost: 24.6 pounds so far! (224/165/165)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:01 am 
Active Contributor

Hi, Verb

I still do take a little thyroid pill, just wanted to see if this new one was working.

You're kind, I know I'm not doing great, but staying steady right now is progress for me.

My goal is to just not get cravings and that means don't even start eating anything that I know will do it. If I get some time I will do some lowcarb baking, but that is a big if right now! :D

I have bought a lot of meat and packaged it in the freezer so I will have it ready! I meant to cook up the chicken, but that was just a dream! I did get philly steaks which are so quick., really high in fat so I have to stay lowcarb or gain! I think that's why we all struggle. Mixing lowcarb, high fat and carbs on some days.

What are you weighing and how are you doing it?

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:17 am 
Active Contributor

Thankful for January and new everything! I love a new year and it always brings me to my senses. It would be interesting to keep a chart on what I have weighed every January 1!

Today I am at 189.2. I gained a few pounds and have gotten back down in the eighties and now I am ready to make the changes.

We got a Wiifit at Christmas and I also bought a little Nordic track stepper, so I just have to learn how to work the first and do the work on the second. I like it because it is tiny and easy to move around in the house. This bitter cold makes walking less "fun", so I need to be using the little machines in this house!!!!

Sammy it is good to see you again! Are you frozen yet? Cupid,
I will be hoping for you to stay focused. Verb, I am so happy you are
on track again. It is so encouraging to see others doing well and we always understand the feelings behind it all! Teech, Mitchie, and all I am forgetting, may this year be fruitful in many areas of our lives.

I hope everyone will make this year one that will bring better health and more joy to their lives! Happy New Year to all.

Love, Julianne

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:07 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Happy New Year, Julianne! Glad to see you back on plan and enthused! Let's make this the year we all get to goal!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:11 pm 
Active Contributor

HI!!!!
I'm trying real hard to start posting more. It's so good to see you here in your journal. That stair-stepper sounds interesting. I'll go check that out.
It's not all that cold during the days... 20's maybe. We had two beautiful days of snow over the weekend. We got about 13". It was a glorious winter wonderland. I'll never take the beauty of it for granted.
Your signature reminds me of one of my favorite books by Phil Yancey, Fearfully and Wonderfully Made. I don't even know if it's still in print, but I loved it. We read it for a book group and had great discussions.
Have a wonderful evening and a great tomorrow!
Sammy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:29 am 
Active Contributor

This morning I was down to 188.2. My old friend 188! Well, I want to leave him as soon as possible because we have gotten way to comfortable!
Yesterday I made the easy cheesecake and it's so good. I also
made an interesting Mexican dish with leftover hamburger, cheese, avocado and sour cream in a lettuce wrap. I am going to start doing this more often, saving hamburger and making dishes out of it.
Today we have to eat out so I will look for something lc.
Wonderful seeing you Sammy, and thanks for your enc. as well as Verb. Yes, I have the book you mentioned and have memorized Psalm 139. I think that chapter in the Bible really spoke to me and showed me the deep love that God has for us and how intimate His love can be. Why would I ever feel lonely?
I listened to Beth Moore speak on tv yesterday and she has a neat idea of not letting herself get more than 3 pounds over her weight. She has learned to get her morning priorities done first and then not to have to obsess later over them. I get one done, and sometimes the second!!! :lol: But I am going to do better this year.
I have to keep my first one first, though, or I can't have the strength to face daily problems.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:44 am 
Active Contributor

College football game night..........son made cheese dip and we
had pizza. Lots and lots of sodium in it all and it showed this morning.
I had no bread, chips, or crust, but still gained. Part might be the lunch out, again sodium,etc. I really prefer making my own food, especially when I am getting refocused!
So, today, new day............yea! :D

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:30 pm 
Active Contributor

Just popping in to tell you that I LOVE your outlook on things.
Enjoy your evening and the rest of the weekend!
Thanks for keeping this journal!
Hugs,
Sammy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:54 pm 
Active Contributor

Thanks, Sammy! Kind words!

Today was so much warmer that I just had to get out, so I walked up the road to a little strip mall area and got a few things and walked back. I am definitely going to go buy a pedometer and try to up it every day. I have been a turtle! :lol: I love being slow and deliberate, but it doesn't burn much!

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:15 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Keep up the good work, Julianne!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:43 pm 
Active Contributor

Thanks, Verb! Appreciate your encouragement!

I am down to 187.6. That makes me feel really good. I have
been dealing with overeating nuts, and having to buy the prepackaged ones now.

Last night I ate chicken with a plateful of lettuce and ranch
dressing. It could be that my body misses salad, and I don't think
I have had much of that lately.

It's time to make something, but I have work to do, so that
will have to wait today. But keeping busy on projects keeps me
from snacking!

I started a spiral journal for several things I am working on right now and want to keep it going for awhile and see if it keeps me
more responsible in my weak areas. It covers all the things I want
to be able to do and gives me a place to put it all. Now to keep IT in it's place! :lol:

March 2003

195-185-165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:28 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Julianne wrote:
Thanks, Verb! Appreciate your encouragement!

I am down to 187.6. That makes me feel really good. I have
been dealing with overeating nuts, and having to buy the prepackaged ones now.

Girl, I am fighting the same problem. In fact, this week I just gave them up cold turkey. I just don't have the self-control to be around them. Sad, but true.

You're doing great--keep on keeping on!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next