Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post subject: Mel's Journal
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:40 am 

Here we are again, head hanging in shame, having finally braved the task which i have avoided for so long now.... I stood on the scales!

Heavier than I have ever been in my life except after pregnancy. It's time to start low carbing again with a vengance... and I need to be accountable to myself. I need a black and white record of my journey to keep me on the straight and narrow.... and off the sticky toffee pudding.

So here it is.

Photos taken of me on New Year's Eve and displayed on Facebook for the world to see was what it took for me to finally face reality. I have put ALL of my weight back on... and then some more!!

My son will be 16 this year and so this year will possibly be the last time we take a holiday together. I have told him that I will save like fury and we will go to his dream destination... Jamaica. I want to have holiday photos that I can cherish instead of cringe at. I WILL shift this excess baggage!

Last time I came back to Atkins I really struggled to get any weight off at all and I gave up after a few months and went low calorie instead.... which worked.... but was hard to sustain long term. I think I know now where I went wrong last time. I think I need to ditch the cheese and nut snacks. I'm no good at portion control there. I need to really keep a watch on my carb levels and stop eating with the mindset of broccoli is ok, cauli is ok, cabbage is ok, tomato is ok etc and remember that the carbs in these 'ok' foods soon start to stack up eaten in large quantities. Measure, limit and control!

My life has gotten so much busier since I was last here. I retrained and now work mon - fri as a teaching assistant, weekends I still work as a singer and I am also studying for a degree. Combine all that with being a single mum and there's not been much time for exercise. I need to make that time!

So... (re)started Atkins 2nd January and the aim is to be at goal by the end of July (which is when we will hopefully be heading off to Jamaica)

Feeling ok so far. No bad cravings as yet. Back at work tomorrow so I need to get organised and have some food to take in to help me avoid the usual cake laden staff room table!

restart 02/01/11
158/158/130