Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post subject: Jen's -Journal
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:35 pm 

I posted this earlier for the "I'm new thread" but I thought that it may make a good first journal entry

Hi all - I am new here and been looking for a forum that I like! My name is Jen and I have just completed week 2 of induction and have read "The New Atkins, For a New You" up through induction and am starting to read phase 2. I am planning to stay in induction for several more weeks, since I am still a ways from my goal of 130-135 lbs

A little history my family.... I am a 40 and my hubby is 42 and we are doing this together. My mother in law is a type 2 diabetic and has many health ailments, thus it puts my husband at risk. His two sisters have also just been diagnosed with type 2 also, they caught his sister late and unfortunately lost a toe due to the disease. I have joint issues in my ankle, elbow, knees and shoulder. My ankle has been hurting me for about a year and a half. I also have a "pinched nerve in my shoulder that is very painful. I take 9 advil per day and am in excruciating pain in the mornings. I am hoping that losing weight will correct the problem. Therefore we both need to do something about our eating habits and weight.

I am 5'6 and started at 182 lbs - size 16. I am currently at 173 lbs and can now fit into some of my size 14's. I do the weight averaging thing (3x aday) I was on course for good weight loss and was doing well into the second week. However, this past weekend, it was bouncing all over the place and my average has gone up - for instance, early morning is 172 lbs and evening is up to 175 - this is not normal for me! My TOM is due any day, do you think that the water retention is an issue? I had my normal chocolate craving today with the onset of TOM, I tried a Atkins bar. YUCK!!!! It killed that craving!

Overall, things have been going really well. I am not hungry and do not have mid morning or mid afternoon crashes anymore. I have not had many cravings nor have I looked twice at all the old crap that I used to eat in the grocery store! Yay!!!!! The only thing that I wish that I could have a chocolate chip cookie (my favorite)!!!!

My husband is supportive, but I don't think that I have him on the bandwagon that this is a forever thing.... It is a challenge for him since he is one of the assistant coaches on my dd's softball team. It is really hard for him when he is travelling to a game. For instance, Saturdays game was at noon and it was an hour away. They left at 10:30am and finished the game at 2.... no lunch. Everyone got a snack bag and it was full of carbs. Apple, granola bar, go-gurt etc. So, he fell off the wagon and ate the go-gurt - horrible for sugar! He also talks of pushing the limits.... say he goes day 1 = 20 net carbs, Day 2 = 20 net carbs, Day 3 = 200 net carbs and wonders what will happen. He also talks of going back to his mashed potatoes some day.

Thanks all! I look forward to getting to know you all.

Post subject: Re: Jen's -Journal
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:41 pm 

Here is my progress charted... I attribute the weight gain to TOM that started today (day 15). The green line is the best fit line and plots my expected progress.

Post subject: Re: Jen's -Journal
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:32 am 

Yesterday, I began cutting back on my Diet Coke and caffiene addiction. I have already cut my morning coffee since I load it up with sugar. I had my morning Diet Coke, then switched to water. By 2:00, I was dying and had to get a small glass. More weaning today to come.

Last night, I had my normal TOM "need" for chocolate. I grabbed an Atkins bar for the first time. YUCK! I think that killed that craving for a while!

First morning weight: 173.8

Meals for the day:

One Egg Ham & Cheese Omlet, Water