Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post subject: Pam's Journal
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:33 am 

I am planning on starting the atkins on Monday, I have used atkins in the past and it really works for me. Just wondering if anyone has any motivators to keep me going? Or tips....:) thanks for your help! I do have the concept but I need to stick with it, I always seem to get off track on the weekends, any suggestions?

thanks for your help

Post subject: Re: Pam's Journal
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:10 am 
Frequent Contributor

After losing 65 pounds in 2003 and 2004, I fell off the wagon and gained all but about 20 pounds of it back. Not proud of that, but it isn't the first time I've lost a ton of weight and gained it back.

I've tried numerous times since then to get back on track. I'd brag on here that I was starting again but in a day or so would fall back to my carb fests. Why?

But in June, I went on a vacation that took everything out of me. No energy at all. Our granddaughter was with us for one week of the vacation and I couldn't keep up with her for even a short period of time.

So I came back and on July 1 I started back again. Its been tough. I'm 64 years old and it just isn't as easy as it once was. But I've stuck to it and I've lost eight pounds, but more than that, I feel so much better. Acid reflux is gone, I have more energy, and I have a better attitude about myself.

What was the difference between this time and the others. I was 100% mental attitude. If you don't have your head in the right place, you will have problems. You said your problem was weekends? Well, figure out why IN YOUR HEAD and plan a way to avoid it. I know that won't be easy, but not planning ahead is the #2 reason we fail.

234.5/*219.2/212/149 (Low was 168.5) 64, 5"1"
DH 221/*211/205/?? 66, 5'10"
* As of 7/1/2011, we first started 8/23/03

"What would Jimmy Buffet Do?"
Search for "gooch47" to view my videos on www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:32 pm 

Thanks linda for the words if encouragement, you are right the weekends I need to get them figured out... I started going back to the gym on this past sunday with my husband, then I continued through Monday @ 0530am and afternoon afterwork, each time I have burned 320 calories for the day! So for the past 2 days I have gone to the gym twice a day. I am only doing the treadmill right now and abs....I feel soooo much better just have these last few days at the gym. When I used to go I always felt better. But, I am a little discouraged only because I have lost 1lb, is that bad? Considering I have only been on the diet for 2 days? I hope you enjoy you evening and thanks for the tips!!!

Pam
Start date 08/08/2011
wght: 178.0/5'3 Goal: 130lbs.
Current wght: 177.0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:17 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Pam, a big factor in how much you lose and how quickly is your starting weight. I would kill to be at your starting weight! So losing even a little is a good thing. One thing that I always try to remember is how much I would weigh right now if I hadn't found Atkins, and even in the bad periods I was completely conscious of carbs and kept weighing myself which meant (to me at least) that at least I cared.

234.5/*219.2/212/149 (Low was 168.5) 64, 5"1"
DH 221/*211/205/?? 66, 5'10"
* As of 7/1/2011, we first started 8/23/03

"What would Jimmy Buffet Do?"
Search for "gooch47" to view my videos on www.youtube.com