Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:25 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Believe me he gets the cold shoulder in every way possible after that kind of a comment. I can go for hours without saying a word or even looking his direction. He just doesn't understand how hard this is for someone. He has no control over his binge eating- he has no right to criticize me! Then he will go through a phase where he is super supportive and so happy with how far I have come- and then a light switch goes off and he's an a$$ again! MEN!

293/189/170 Started 5/12/03

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:42 pm 
Active Contributor

Maybe he's secretly envious of you Cathy - I dunno, but I am the same way - DH and I have gone 5 days not talking - and *I* get the bed!

It's bad enough I watch them eating the things I want - but to be uncaring?
This is the only support group I have - anyone else dieting is doing other things and everyone knows what's best and telling what they are doing - sheesh, like I really wanna hear about your crackers n peanut butter???

In 6 months I have lost about a pound a month and I know there are times I havent been on strick induction - heck even now I can eat half a bag of BBQ pork rinds a day - but I just struggle ALL the time in every setting I go into and I fail most every time as well.

I need to be locked in a cage.

Jennifer (220/210/160)5' 7.5" ... 46 yrs old
(restarted 1st Jan, '11)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:06 am 
Frequent Contributor

You better lock me in with you. I will bring the string cheese and you bring the pork rinds!

I know what you mean about this being the only place I feel like I get the support. You all know what I am going through and can relate. Yesterday was my weekly weigh in (for the first time I have been able to limit myself to weekly). I was down .2 of a pound. Considering I have TOM visiting right now- I was okay since at least it wasn't a gain.....but I so miss those days of a 2-4 pound loss in a week. I am hoping next week.......

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:47 am 
Frequent Contributor

Get a bigger cage--I am coming in there, too.

This morning I was up a pound--the second pound this week, completely negating the two lousy pounds I lost in a miserable week of the soup diet. Have I eaten off plan? No. Have I sat by and watched my hubby and daughter feasting on all kinds of delicious things? Yes. It's so frustrating I could just plain scream.

Loading 7/11-12, total lost: 24.6 pounds so far! (224/170.4/165)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:58 pm 
Active Contributor

If I could just find an Atkins camp to go to for a month - I could so get my act straight. Surround myself with like minded people, get the support RT, talk, learn, grow (in confidence, not size:) and then I can go home with the will power to get through on my own - maybe a refresher course every year for a week or two.

In the navy they had a fat farm (thats what I called it) for a month - we got weighed once a week (we couldnt see the results), went to meetings (OA at night as well), and other things and when I left I had lost a ton of weight - but see? there was no pressure from friends not on a diet, no temptations because I was surrounded by like minded people (even when we went to the base cafeteria).

Or maybe I just need to go back to bootcamp again!

Dagnabit

(restarted 1st Jan, '11)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:36 am 
Frequent Contributor

Not sure I would want to endure that again. But I am sure that kind of structure sets anyone up to succeed. I know I would LOVE to go on Biggest Loser (although they definitely aren't doing atkins) but just to learn how to push and train myself along with eating closer to right. Then I could come home and do the ongoing eating plan of atkins and be good. The idea of an Atkins camp is a good thing. I think we could all use a camp like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:03 pm 
Frequent Contributor

My frustration is much better today- last night at weigh in I was down 2.9 pounds! So with the .2 last week it is over 3 pounds in the last two weeks! That works for me. It truly seems like one week I lose then the next not much if anything. Oh well- as long as it still goes down I am happy!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:19 pm 
Active Contributor

How terrific Cathy ... it's strawberry season here so I am going to cont to be frustrated until the crate or fresh strawberries are gone - mostly by me! Dagnbait

(restarted 1st Jan, '11)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:49 am 
Frequent Contributor

Strawberries are a lot better for you than many other things- so go ahead and enjoy. We are going to my sister's cabin for the 4th and I have already decided to let myself have watermelon that weekend. There are worse things a person could do!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:59 am 

I can so relate to everything you just said. Today is my first day on the induction. Lets hope I can keep my will power all the way until I go to bed. I do fine until right before bedtime then the snack monster hits. I am just tired and my body thinks I need to refuel with sugar.... Well I am so tired of that routine, waking up the next morning and feeling icky and mad at myself.

Wish me luck.
Cindie