Custom Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:41 pm 

You guys are the best :thankyou: I am so glad I came upon this board...Sorry if I seem whiney but I am just feeling sorry for myself right now. :-({|= Logic tells me it will come in time...pants are saying "Seriously?"

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:43 pm 
Active Contributor

Pat - this post is about frustrations - yeah I made it for me - but there's nothing the feeling of knowing you arent alone. Stalls are way too common but I have to put a plug in here: 10#s in one month? Lord why cant I do that????? I would be so fricken happy with 2lbs a week - it's a healthy weight loss and great for those needing to make sure their skin shrinks instead of hangs.

I didnt start Sunday - but as of Monday I have done NO s/f, l/c or capocinno with the exception of s/f jell-o on Monday. I weighed today and the scale went down - I will keep my fingers crossed for my actual weigh in of Sunday. But I have had a salad (with chicken, shredded cheese, bleu cheese dressing) for lunch every day, steak with sour cream as a sauce and last night the chicken that tastes like KFC (the one with pork rinds) and the last two nights I had the cauliflower mashed potatoes... and munching on BBQ pork rinds during the day (which helps me drink my water) ... oh yeah: I have had a glass of diet Vernors (like gingerale) with my dinner

the scary thing is my birthday is in June and I am so hoping I dont get the cake HR always buys the employees. (now crosses toes)

Jennifer (220/210/160)5' 7.5" ... 46 yrs old
(restarted 1st Jan, '11)

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:39 am 

Thanks Jennifer -
But holy cow...you have already lost 60#...I cannot wait until I see that!!! To date I am 244...OMG I dont think I have EVER said that out loud let alone put it in black and white...I think my issues are I am sabotoging (sp) myself. I am still craving something sweet and crunchy at night...So I am eating peanuts...too many peanuts. I have done the SF jello with a littel cool whip but I still need that dang crunch. Once the weather FINALLY breaks I am hoping I will be more occupied so I think less of sweets. I did buy the SF peanut butter cups...which are like 1-2 net carbs for 5 of them. And trust me I eat them slowly. But they are horribly expensive. Almost $5 for a bag...Unfortunately I cannot be casual with the cost.
So, woe is me 8-[ - hahaha. I love this board...Thank you so very much

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:16 pm 
Active Contributor

LOL pat - if you look at the weight on peoples signature it means that's the weight they began at when starting Atkins, the weight they are currently and the weight they wish to be - I wish to loose 60 - have only lost 5 :)

And you are sabotaging your diet -those sf peanut butter cups are going to add to your stall BIG TIME! And there wont be a soul on here that will disagree with me - not a soul - and you know why? Because many of us have tried to slip a few in and every single one of us has suffered for it.

so let me help you - grab a bag of plain pork rinds (now let me finish here), put plate, mix some splenda and cinnamon together and set aside, drizzle melted butter over the pork rinds, then sprinkle the splenda/cinnamon over the tops and VIOLA! They taste so damn close to Taco Bell's cinnamon sticks you're sure to think you are cheating!! And there's your sweet and crunchy! Also Induction friendly - unlike the SF candies - which will do what? STALL YOU! and make you crave sugar.

(restarted 1st Jan, '11)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:47 pm 

Jennifer -

First off, dont I feel stupid...I thought you now weighed 160 - guess I should have read more about the site before I took the plunge and stuck my foot in my mouth (not a carb free foot to boot) :oops:
wow...Im so glad you told me that about the SF candy...I also bought the russell stovers choco truffles...the coconut things. I thought I was having a blast with all this CARB FREE CANDY!!! [-X
I guess I am confused. How come they say to take the carbs and subtract the sugar alcohol and the fiber to get your tru carb count? I should have known it was too good to be true. WOW!!!
I need more help then I thought.... :help:

Pat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:00 pm 

ok...I have been thinking...I need to regroup here.
Can someone PLEASE give an idea of a typical day B-L-D...what to eat. I have no imagination and just eating meat and salad is getting old. As you see I ate all the supposed SF choco and ate til my hearts content.
Having a few good days on what to eat to mix it up would sure help us newbies...PLEASE!!! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:03 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Hi pat, have you read the "What are we eating thread"?

Because you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a soldier.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 pm 
Active Contributor

Jim, that's a terrific idea...also Pat, have you read the book? Dr Atkins tells you everything you need to know - I would try to find an older version since the corporation wants money and is selling LC to spike sales instead of weight loss.

Sugar Alcohols are stallers - and candy of the SF variety will not only stall you but keep you craving sugar .... belive me - Russell Stover and I have a love/hate relationship: I love them and hate what they do to my thighs.

Seriously Pat - if you havent read the book you will have a most difficult time succeeding in this.

We cant help you unless you help yourself ... now for me to stick to my own words :P

(restarted 1st Jan, '11)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:23 am 

I actually have a very OLD Atkins book. I will have to dig it out. I went on Atkins like 12 years ago for my sons wedding. I lost 40# from Feb-June. Then.......ballooned again after that.
I dont think at the time we had SF candy options out there. Maybe we did and I just sucked it up.
But I will look on that eating thread and try to work thru this. Thanks for the help Jim
And Jennifer just for S&G's Im gonna see how old that book is and let you know.
Thanks guys
Pat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:04 am 
Frequent Contributor

The what are we eating thread is great and we also have the recipe board with ideas. Another site I LOVE for recipes, tried and true with photos is

Restarted January 5 2009

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:55 pm 
Active Contributor

LOL @ S&Gs!

I fully support the Linda's Low Carb website - I am on it every week adding more to my recipie box all the time - but wacth out, some of those things are great for Induction but they can be SO good you eat too much and the weight comes on!

(restarted 1st Jan, '11)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:50 am 
Frequent Contributor

Hi all-

I had never read this thread and just took the time to read this from the beginning. I can so relate to everything Jennifer has said. I was a poster child for Atkins. Went from 293 pounds down to about 180. Struggled between 180-200 for about 2 years. My then boyfriend/now hubby thought this WOE was making me moody and depressed and told me to try something else. So I did. It didn't work and slowly I let myself slide and not try anything. Now I didn't gain it ALL back- but pretty darn close. In fact I am so embarrassed I haven't reposted what I got back to- but I have RELOST 32 pounds since March. It is twice as hard as the first time and I have to work hard and avoid ALL the old pitfalls. The only thing I have allowed myself to do that isn't on plan is the occasional diet soda with caffeine.

My biggest frustration has been the boredom with what I eat. I am the pickiest of eaters...so I am in a rut. I look through menus all the time- but there is always something I don't like in it. I fall back hard on my old favorites (like meat crust pizza). I am so happy it is working- but it is a daily struggle. This time at least I have the support of my hubby. He realizes this works for me and he sees the progress. BUT he keeps crap in the house. I so want to grab a dorito, scoop of ice cream, slice of real pizza (my achiles heel).

Pat- my heart goes out to you but you have to be patient. If you want to hear a typical day for me- send me a private message and I am more than happy to share. This WOE works really well and it works differently for everyone. I know even with me this time is totally different then the first time I went down this path. That time I lost almost every week (except during TOM). This time I lose maybe a half pound one week, then nothing, then 2-3 pounds in a week. It is averaging out for me to a little over a pound a week (which I am grateful for) but I am not patient after how fast it went last time. But it is and will work and I am extremely strict about no LC foods nothing off plan, no alcohol, etc.

Hang in there all- I am totally here for you and understand as I have been there.....again and again!

293/189/170 Started 5/12/03

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:13 pm 
Active Contributor

Cathy - that is so frustrating too! I have two 12 yr old boys so the crap we have is bad - of course! For the first time in a month I went off strict induction (except for one 4carb tortialla wrap) and pigged out on cookies - thank goodness I only gained a pound - but after a month I had only lost 3lbs so the pigging out only did what I knew it would: Frustrated me more!!
This time around (dont ask me how many times i have done this) is near impossible for me to loose - but it IS impossible for me to loose anything doing anything else!

(restarted 1st Jan, '11)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:34 am 
Frequent Contributor

Jennifer- I struggle as he puts the cookies, ice cream, regular pizza on the pillow or seat right next to me almost on a daily basis. Then he makes little snide remarks that I have to do atkins because I can't control my weight any other way. The man can stand to lose about 40 pounds himself. It just makes me so mad. He wonders why I stopped doing it for so long....listen to yourself! I so appreciate all the support I get here.....and the fact the scale is still being relatively friendly is helping to keep me on track. I do plan to go off some during our vacation this summer- but then come right back to induction. I see how well it works for Jim so I will give it a try- I just wish I was closer to my goal when I did it!

293/189/170 Started 5/12/03

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:49 pm 
Active Contributor

That would so piss me off.
I know I suffer from a lack of control, but if my husband so blantently disregarded the problem I have he'd be suffering from a lack of nookie!

there are times hubby wants ice cream and wants us all to go - I tell him to take the kids and enjoy, but I just cant do it at that time and he's pretty understanding - the junk food is a terror when the scale doesnt budge...not loosing? Well, might as well eat somethign I want - dagnabit

(restarted 1st Jan, '11)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next