Custom Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:18 am 
Frequent Contributor

Well..another year has gone by already. Wow time flies. And just like last year, I'm still fat! I'll keep plugging away though.

Dama...good job being real on those apartment expenses. I'm with Jessica...I'd rather not have to stress about how I'm going to pay my bills every month. I'll go see little Tux. Sounds adorable.

Jessica...yep, time to get back to reality.

Jane...that's funny about the bad pizza being better than no pizza! He'll probably grow out of that junk food phase.

I've been exercising almost every day for an hour and haven't lost any weight at all. I have eaten things I shouldn't though and I suppose the exercising has helped me not weigh 250 pounds! I'm still in the 190's from Christmas. Gotta get on with it...again.

Max woke up yesterday with a seizure and had about 5 of them by noon. Luckily his ENT trusts that I know what I'm talking about and called in another antibiotic for him. He didn't have anymore the rest of the day and this morning is playing. Fingers crossed for a stress free day.

We have about an inch of snow/ice out there and there is a very fine something falling.

I'm going to make the chicken chili recipe today.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:58 am 
Frequent Contributor

Hooray! It cheers my spirit to see the words "Spring and Summer" this morning. I do NOT like winter--even here in So Cal, where we don't have snow or ice, but still have short, dark days.

Donna, like you, I've had a lot of dismal thoughts about how a year has gone by and I'm still as fat as this time last year--and even a little fatter. And what's sad is that I spent the better part of that year working VERY hard at losing the weight. It's so discouraging to have a middle aged female body that just won't let the fat go. But what else is there to do but keep trying?

I stayed on plan all day yesterday, so today's challenge will be to do the same. So far, I started the day with an amazing waffle. Will probably have something else here shortly--need some protein to keep the hunger at bay.

Have a good one, everyone.

Loading 7/11-12, total lost: 24.6 pounds so far! (224/170.4/165)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:32 am 
Active Contributor

Hi ladies! Its chilly here and there is snow in the forecast for tomorrow but for today...the sun is out! :sunny: I love it and suddenly have a spurt of energy and need to make the most of it for cleaning/laundry.

Jessica, I saw what you wrote in the other thread about getting a good solid week under your belt. I hear ya! This week I am keeping track of my food and actually weighing it even (for the first time ever! I just got a small scale). I am trying to be honest. Last time I tried this, I actually went a week...then it was back to unneccesary snacking and nibbling, too much coffee, no exercise. For me, it is those little things that add up (and add up quickly as in 6 lbs in a week).

Hubby just started Atkins so that is a little motivation for me. I was suggesting lunch for him the other day and told him we had hamburger meat. He says, Oh, I can have a hamburger for lunch! And looks at me. I said get the meat out of the fridge, get a pan out and make one, I am not going to stand in the kitchen (more than I already do) cooking for everyone. Alex makes his own lunch usually, so guess what? :D

Ok, do need to get back to my cleaning! Have a great day everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:03 am 
Active Contributor

Happy Snowy Day! How is the weather where you are? We have a winter weather advisory but it is supposed to be worse south of us. However as soon as my boys left for school, it started snowing and is supposed to pick up as the day goes. I think we will get more snow than they predicted. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will close school early.

Hope everyone has a good day!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:34 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

Well ladies...we must all just keep plugging away! This year I will be exercising so maybe that will finally do the trick.

We had hospital adventures with Max yesterday. He had the mother of all seizures in his bed at around 6:15am. I was about to call 911 but realized that our uphill road was covered in ice and they would probably have a very hard time getting in here. by that time Max was coming out of it so we got dressed fast and used the 4WD to haul it to the hospital ER. We were there most of the day. They did a new EEG and we decided to go ahead and put him on epilepsy meds. It's called Keppra and does have side effects but I'm hoping that he won't have a problem with it. The seizure he had yesterday was so severe. The doctor said that is the type that can kill someone if it goes on to long.

Needless to say, I was wasted by last night. This morning I am taking him to the ENT because the pediatrician at the ER said she thought his other ear might be infected too but the ENT needs to look and see. He's still on the antibiotic too. What a hard case that boy is! Still, I'm thankful because other people have so much worse to go through.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:44 pm 
Active Contributor

Donna, so sorry about your episode with Max. It sounds so scary. I am glad he is doing better and hope the medicine helps him. Hope you are able to rest and take it easy a bit too. I am thinking of you both.

Doing ok. I don't feel good and don't know if I am really sick or it is just pms related (sometimes pms does a number on my stomach). I did have a friend over to scrapbook today (not that I accomplished much).

Take care.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:56 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Donna, so sorry about your rough day with Max! The poor little guy. I'm praying for no more crises for a nice long while.

I had a horrible diet day yesterday. I have no idea why I am struggling so, but today is going well. I WILL get back to my good habits! I WILL!

My children's choirs resume today and I'm excited--missed the little rascals!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

Thanks for the sympathy, friends.

So far so good on the anti-seizure drug. No side effects. Of course, it's only been two days.

Funny side story...at the hospital they did an EEG so they had all this gunk in Max's hair to hold the electrodes. When they were finished, she had a wet towel rubbing the spots off his head and he ended up with his hair sticking up all over his head like Chef Anne or Edward Cullen (the vampire dude from Twilight). He looked so adorable like that! So yesterday I washed his hair and used Got2B Glued on his head and he is rockin' a new doo!

Now Alex has come down with the crud. She thinks she's dying and she's going to kill ME with her whining! I gave her mega drugs of all sorts and lots of Vitamin C last night so hopefully she'll feel better this morning. She's supposed to go to school at noon.

Today, Lord willing, I will be able to stay home and get this house under control! I paid bills yesterday but have yet to pack up Christmas.

Jane..feel better. That sounds nice doing the scrapbooking with a friend. Lord only knows when I'll take mine out again.

Jessica...your job sounds so pleasurable!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:51 am 
Active Contributor

That sounds cute about Max's hair. :dude: Hope Alex is feeling better.

Jessica...one day at a time. You can do it! Easy for me to say I know. The one good thing about not feeling good is I don't have much of an appetite and the thought of eating... :sick: I do belive this is pms related.

Not much planned for the weekend. Maybe the movies. I also want to try to do some cooking to have a few things for next week. Alex starts football training...before school and its bad enough doing breakfast at 6:30, I KNOW I won't want to do it at 5:30. So I might make quiche and other easy meals that he can just heat up for breakfast (he will eat anything for breakfast).

Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:15 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Yesterday I did just fine, and so far so good, today. C'mon, self....just stick with it....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:50 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

I wish my appetite would disappear! I am even more hungry at that TOM...for bad things.

Jane...that's a good idea to make those foods ahead. I really need to get crackin' in the kitchen tomorrow too. Tonight I'm making hotwings. I've been wanting to make a quiche but there's just been too much going on. I have some Carbquik and I'd like to make the quiche with a real crust. That stuff makes a pretty good crust.

Today I will be cheating for lunch because we are going to Raleigh to the Norman Rockwell exhibit, then to eat hotdogs at the grill featured on Man Vs. Food. it's called The Roast Grill and looks so fun! Plus, I love my hotdogs extra cooked!

Max did fine yesterday, thank God.

Alex is sick as a dog. I woke up in the night and made her take more medicine and again this morning when I got up. Yesterday she laid in her bed for 14 hours straight, comes out around 1pm and says she thinks she's going to faint....ya think? after 14 hours of no meds, liquids or food? Duh. I think I'm going to take her some tea with lemon and honey and some toast before I leave this morning. She gets really mad when you wake her up, but too bad.

Kelsey is doing well, thank God again. At least one of them isn't worrying me right now. She's all happy and glowy and in love. It's sweet. It's really funny...she's always been into the pin-up girl, tattoo, vintage clothes thing since she was about 16 and now she's finally met a man who is into the same thing. maybe he's the one. She's going to be 22 on Feb. 1st. Not that she's in a hurry to get married.

Well..have a great day everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:33 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

We had a good day out Saturday. The paintings were really cool and the hotdogs were delish! And best of all, they have a Trader Joes in Raleigh so I bought out their 7-Grain Sprouted Bread. Got 4 loaves for my freezer. That bread is so yummy and 4 net carbs.

I managed to get all the Christmas stuff packed and put in storage yesterday and caught up on laundry. That's about it except for listening to Alex whine about being sick. Granted, she is very sick with a cold but you would think she is at death's door.

Max is off from school today but I'm sure looking forward to sending him tomorrow!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:48 am 
Active Contributor

Glad you had a good weekend Donna. I have heard of Trader Joe's but have never seen or been to one. :(

I love hearing about your family (that goes for all of you). My Alex has been sick too but thankfully he is just the opposite and doesn't complain and doesn't want me "mothering" him. Nolan is my whiner when he is sick (what a show he can put on). Braden is kind of in between.
It is sweet to hear about Kelsey. You sound so open minded. That was me (and Brian) 20+ years ago and my parents were not so happy. I was 22 when I got married. :mrgreen:

It is COLD here today...below zero but the sun is out. I hope to get some scrapbooking done. Also working on some recipe ideas for the week.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. Stay warm!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:22 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Morning, everybody!

I have a new cleaning lady, and she is here today. This is her second time--can't tell you how relieved I was when she showed up this morning. I was afraid that after all the dirt she found the first time, she might not come back...

While she's cleaning, I've been working on laundry, plus I have a project I'm about to start. I bought a new product call Leather CPR on the recommendation of my girlfriend. I have several pieces of leather furniture, and beyond the cat scratches and wear, it just gets SO dry in our desert climate. She swears this stuff will renew it to an amazing degree, so I'm about to go try it out on my leather sofa.

I had a good eating weekend, and that included going to a music seminar Saturday where danishes and cookies and chocolate stuff was being pushed on us all day, and a staff brunch for the church staff yesterday. A friend on another low carb board talked about how she was trying to get back into the "Zen" of Atkins, just not fighting it, making it easy on herself and getting into the relaxed flow of it. So I've been thinking about that and it's helping me. I just remind myself not to make it hard--to just go with it!

My day's plan is as follows:

B: southwestern taco soup
L: slice of white castle pie
D: will be out with the kids, so my guess is a steak or a bunless burger

Happy MLK day to everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:16 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

Jane...sorry Alex is sick too. Good thing for you he's not whiney. Ugh..I'm so tired of sickness. I got married when I was 22 also.

Jessica..great job sticking the it. I can't seem to get my head straight right now. I'm about half way there.

I have leather furniture too. I need to clean it but I think it came with some stuff to use. Let me know how yours turns out.

Crackalackin'! Kelsey and I now have the crud. Oi vey! When will it end? I don't want Max to get it so I'm being so careful not to touch him without using germ sanitizer. Don't know if it's airborn or not.

Max's school is on a two hour delay this morning. I guess we got some ice overnight. He woke up at 4:30 this morning for some reason but seems perfectly happy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next