Custom Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:59 am 
Active Contributor

You both are better than me, I won't even weigh myself again. :| I like living in denial.

Shopping was ok yesterday. Didn't do very well on the sales like I wanted but what can you do? JcP is all we have in our area. Alex doesn't care much about his clothes and picked up one shirt and said "that's good". :roll: I told him shopping with me was good practice for when he has a girlfriend someday.

Kind of happy it is raining today. It sure does feel like fall but it is a good day to just not have to worry about the garden/yard.

Have a good one!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:20 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

Jane...I have to weigh myself to keep the reality check going. Ha-ha. If I don't I find that my brain talks me into a tidbit of this or that.

Still working on the computer. I think it's a goner. The virus programs won't work at all and the computer won't allow a new one to be put on. Sigh. Well, we've been needing a new one anyway as this one is quite old. I just hate setting up a new computer! I'm so spoiled. What a thing to complain about.

My weight went down again after yesterday's jump. It's so exciting!

I got the yarn yesterday to start Max's new sweater for fall so I'll begin that today and do some housewifery.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:03 am 
Frequent Contributor

Morning girls! Finally, a good weigh-in for me--down to 174.8! Lowest weight in YEARS! And that makes it an even 20 and puts me only a half pound from "healthy weight" on Fitday. I'm overjoyed, but sure hope it holds...

Jane, I remember shopping trips exactly like that with my boy. Monotone replies to "do you like this?" and then anybody's guess whether he'd actually wear it when we got it home. Girls are WAY easier in the clothes-shopping department.

Donna, hooray for the loss! Gee, the planets must've aligned during the night or something! :lol:

Have a great day, friends.

Loading 7/11-12, total lost: 24.6 pounds so far! (224/170.4/165)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:51 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Congrats again Jessica! That is fabulous!

Yes, ha-ha, they must have.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:02 pm 
Active Contributor

Woot Jessica! That is awesome! You serve a little reward/treat. :mrgreen:
And Donna, congrats to you too!
I might weigh tomorrow. I have been eating very well lately and now I am curious if it will continue to pay off.

It finally stopped raining and I need to check my garden. My poor glads were just starting to bloom and look nice (they are red) and the rain completely flattened them. I will just bring them in and put them in a vase I guess. Still need to make pickles too!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:57 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Pickles!! Wow--like canning them? That sounds HARD.

And that reminds me--I bought some cukes and I like to slice them up in rice vinegar, chili paste and a little sweetener, kind of asian style. I need to go do that and pop them into the fridge.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:38 am 
Active Contributor

I am completely overwhelmed by the idea of canning ANYTHING. I have never done anything like this before and it is confusing to me. In the past, I have never had much luck with growing cucumbers but this year is different. I probably have 10 cucumbers in my fridge and several more on the way. I love cucumbers and my guinea pigs love them but we can only eat so much. I am just not sure what else to do with them. I found a pickle "mix" in the grocery story. The way I explained it to Braden is that it is the difference between a homemade cake and a cake mix! lol It looks easy and they are "refrigerator" pickles which means you just mix them, can them and put them in the fridge...no boiling and that kind of thing. I just don't have 5 minutes to really do it. Braden said he would help me this morning. We will see. I am going to make bread and butter pickles and just use splenda instead of sugar in them.

Before long, it will be summer squash that I will be swimming in. And the "funny" thing about that is that I am the only one in the family that likes them. Again, in the past, I haven't had much luck with them, so I planted lots this year thinking I would get a few squash instead of one or two. :shock:

Down .4 this morning. Isn't it funny how even a few ounces make a difference to us? Just seeing that scale go down is enough.

The rest of this week is a busy/crazy one for me. Dr's appointments for someone everyday. We travel pretty far for some of our medical care because living in a rural area doesn't leave us much choice. You remember all of Braden's struggles last year with school...he is currently being evaluated for adhd (and has a WONDERFUL dr!). Part of this involves meeting with another dr that works with patients about their rights with schools and accomodations that can be made. Braden's dr is not impressed at all with how the school handled things last year. Just a lot of appointments, at about 1 1/2 hour drive (one way)...but it is worth it.

Well, I had better stop my yammering and get moving. Hope everyone has a good day! It finally stopped raining here! :sunny:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:48 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

Well aren't we all just kicking weight in the butt! we'll all look super HOT in our little black dresses this holiday season!

Jane...good luck with your pickles. Sounds fairly easy.

I made homemade jelly one year and canned it. Wasn't very difficult. The main thing for me is worrying that there might still be a germ in the jar!

I went up a little in weight from yesterday but I'm still in the 185's so that's cool.

This afternoon I'm going to see "CrazyStupidLove" with a friend and MIL, then out to eat one of those fabulous gyro salads...no bread or fries, please.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:16 am 
Frequent Contributor

One summer, years ago when we lived in Illinois, I canned some strawberry preserves. They were DELICIOUS, and I was so proud of them! And I have never done it since. Hahahaha. But I am filled with admiration for those who do!

My loss from yesterday held, even the additional .6 pounds later in the day, so I am VERY happy!

I have to go have a thyroid ultrasound today, to see if my nodules have grown and may be large enough for a biopsy. As I recall, Jane, you had a fine needle aspiration last year, didn't you? I imagine that's what I will have to have.

I hate medical tests--medical anything, so I'm not looking forward to this. I just keep telling myself "you are taking care of yourself, you are taking care of yourself."

Sometimes you just have to make yourself do things you don't want to do. But you don't have to like it!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:25 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

Jessica..how did it go yesterday?

I had to have a needle biopsy there once. Very unpleasant, indeed.

My poor niece lost her baby. Very sad. She was 10 weeks along and so excited. She's only 34 so she has time if she wants to try again.

The movie and dinner out was really nice yesterday. I had the gyro salad. It comes with fries for some reason but I told her not to bring them. My weight is the same today.

Today I will load Max up for a grocery store trip...his fav! Ha-ha.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:32 am 
Active Contributor

Donna, sorry to hear about your niece. So sad.

Jessica, did have the biopsy done before on my thryoid cyst and honestly, it wasn't tooooo bad. My dr was good about distracting me from what was going on with talking (at the time I was thinking...shouldn't he be focusing on this needle in my neck and talking less?! lol). Last time, I just had an ultrasound to check things and they looked the same so didn't have to get another biopsy done.

Not weighing today. With all our running around, it is so hard for me to be "good". Yesterday I had half a sandwich and cream of broccoli soup because I was straving and the salads available just looked too "wimpy" for my appetite. Plus, I ate a bunch of fruit and nuts. Could be worse.

Off to the doctor's again. Hubby is home but heaven forbid he would even act like he cared about any of this much less offer to go with me. Then I get that attitude and don't WANT him to go. Sorry for the mini vent. :oops:

I think dinner is the chicken and sausage bake from Nigella Lawson that was posted on the site (Donna was that you?). I love it! The rest of the family is lukewarm to it but once in a while I make something I like and they can deal with it. :wink:

Hope everyone has a good day! Weather looks nice so I don't mind the drive to the hospital.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:11 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

Jane..yes, I love that chicken/sausage bake flavors. The sage is what really makes it. I cooked it the other day with no sausages and it's really good. Sorry about hubby not participating in those appts. Men!

Nothing going on here. I have a lot of paperwork to do today. That'll take me til lunch to get through.

Weight is 185.2 this morning.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:41 pm 
Active Contributor

Good Afternoon. Very tired today. Told the boys I would make them pizza for dinner and now I am thinking...why did I say that?! lol Thankfully there is leftover chicken and sausage for me.

Not much planned for the weekend but have lots to do...typical stuff though.

Still need to make pickles! Keep running out of time. :roll:

Take care and keep up with the good eating you both are doing! It motivates me. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:21 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Hi girls. Thyroid thing went fine. The very chatty tech told me that to her, they looked about the same as last year. (Usually, they won't talk to you at all, and that always scares me, somehow.) Anyway, my doctor hasn't called yet, so I don't know what he'll say, but at least she (tech) didn't see anything alarming, so that's a bit of a comfort.

Weight is holding steady. Today was my first day with no pellets but still very low cal. One more day like that tomorrow, then I move to Phase 3, which is basically Atkins--so back to a MUCH more comfortable way to eat.

Have a great weekend!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:02 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

Jessica...no pellets? What is that? I'm glad your test went ok and it was nice of the tech to say something. I hate the way they never say anything.

Jane...pizza! Well, you could eat the toppings if you wanted.

We make pizza by putting all the delish toppings on plain white bread, which soaks up all the grease, then just eating the toppings. Really good.

I'm down to 184.6 this morning. Very exciting. That's 13 pounds since the middle of June. I can't believe I let myself get that close to 200 again. I was living in denial I guess. There is such a difference in the way I look with just that little bit of weight gone from all over my body.

It's so funny but when I start getting up to 190, my nose gets fat! Hahahaha. Now it's all nice and slim again.

Nothing particular going on today. We might go to a movie later but mostly just doing stuff around here and knitting and reading.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next