Custom Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:13 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning, girls! Donna--WOW, you're doing so great with the weight loss. You are knocking on the door of your "goal decade" again!

Sorry to use that hcg jargon with no explanation. "Pellets" are the form that the homeopathic hcg I use comes in. They are little balls of sugar (I know, I know--sugar?? you'd think they could've come up with some other way to do it), about the size of a grain of tapioca, that have been sprayed with the homeopathic formulation. For my brand, Vox, the dose is four of the little pellets, 3 times a day. You put them under your tongue and let the coating dissolve for 2 minutes, then swallow. I believe that the hcg concoction mostly enters your body sublingually, rather than from being swallowed. Strangely, you're not supposed to touch them--I guess the "stuff" can be wiped off with your fingers before it has a chance to get to your mouth. You pour some into the cap of the bottle, then dump them into your mouth.

Anyhoo, all done with that now. One more day--today--of 500 calories and then I'm back to low carb for 3 weeks of stabilizing. I already feel pretty stable--five days straight now of either 174.2 or 174.4. That's supposed to be a good thing--they say that people who try to do Phase 3 and maintain a weight that they only bounced down to for one day have kind of a hard time.

Oddly enough, I have a lot of mental trepidation about moving away from the rigid plan I've been following for six weeks. There was very little decision-making involved, so it became kind of a comfort zone to me. Hope I do ok in the next part!

I have a busy, but fun day ahead. I put together a summer "pick-up" ensemble for girls from 3rd grade through college! We met right after church last Sunday to start learning the song. This evening I'm having a swimming and singing party for them, and we will swim, have supper and work on the song some more, then all sing it in church tomorrow! So I'm working on getting the food ready.

Yesterday, I baked brownies, lemon bars and sugar cookies (and no, I didn't taste or sample AT ALL!) So the desserts are done, except for cutting and plating them. Today I will make lots and lots of little ham sandwiches on mini-croissants and turkey sandwiches on King's Hawaiian rolls, plus fruit kabobs, chips and dip and veggies and dip. Also gonna do one plate of PB and J mini-sandwiches for the little bitty girls. Can you see that I wanted to avoid cooking as much as possible. Plus, I thought that a sandwich buffet would be the best thing for such a wide age-range of girls.

It should be a lot of fun. Only thing is, it's chilly and cloudy this morning. Gonna scoot out and turn the pool heater on HIGH!

Loading 7/11-12, total lost: 24.6 pounds so far! (224/170.4/165)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:53 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

Jessica...oh my...I would not have been able to make all that food. Just reading about it makes me want to eat it! I can understand your feelings about moving ahead. I'd be scared too.

Maybe you should start very slowly with a piece of cheese or something so see how your body reacts. I still don't know how you've managed on 500 calories a day.

I didn't weigh this morning. I had about 1700 calories yesterday and I know my weight will be up from that. we had beef twice yesterday. I'll wait for tomorrow after we have just chicken today. Don't need any discouragement.

I'm feeling ill at ease today. Yesterday in the shower I discovered a large lump in my breast. I know it's just a cyst but still. There's no way I have a huge cancer lump out of the blue. It certainly is disconcerting. I'll call the dr. tomorrow and get a mammogram appt.

I woke up this morning convinced it was Monday and thinking about all the rushing around I would have to do today. Max has an ear appt, etc... Then I realized it was Sunday! Yah!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:51 am 
Active Contributor

Donna, so sorry about the lump and your unrest. Why do these things happen on the weekend? I know I always plan for the worst and hope for the best. But it is like I plan for the worst so that I can't be more upset, if that makes sense. I hope your dr can get you in right away and you don't have to wait. Can they tell something from an ultrasound? Like with thyroids? Thinking of you.

I have a tendency to feel nervous getting away from induction. I do it but I am most comfortable eating a more simple way. I was going to weigh today but that dang TOM has appearred so now I will be waiting another week.

Jessica, at my last thyroid appointment, it was the same as yours. My first one, the tech said NOTHING. The second time, I had the same tech and was thinking "oh great" but he was very talkative and told me that while he doesn't analyze the information, he would tell me that everything looked the same.
And good job with all the food prep. It is the fruit that I would have problems with. Have fun with your group!

Nothing much planned here. I need a few down days after last week...and with this week coming up (school starts for Alex).

Take care Donna...I hope you can relax today. Hugs.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:09 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Hey, girls. I had to rush this morning to make sure I got to church BEFORE my choir, so no time to post except for a quick one in the thread I've been keeping on the Other Low Carb Plans folder.

Anyhoo, the girls did a BEAUTIFUL job this morning, and our party was delightful (although it took me all day today to clean up from it! Imagine little wet feet running EVERYWHERE in a house with shiny, high-gloss finish wood floors.) And get this--they WOLFED down the PBJs, even the big girls, so I had to make more. But there were ham and turkey sandwiches left. Go figure.

Donna--I had a period a few years ago when I was having a LOT of medical testing done, and waiting for biopsies right and left. My issue turned out to be endometriosis, but the words "ovarian cancer" were said to me more than once. I was on the border of losing my mind, obsessing constantly about possible scenarios, being afraid every time the phone rang. Then I started thinking about the sermon on the mount, when Jesus said "sufficient unto the day" and told us to quit projecting onto tomorrow.

So every time a fear cycle started, I learned to quell it by saying to myself, "Jessica, you already thought about that today, and that was enough. Sufficient unto the day--you can think about it again tomorrow."

Percy Shelley even wrote a poem with those words:

"Sufficient Unto The Day

by Percy Bysshe Shelley

Fragment

Is not to-day enough? Why do I peer
Into the darkness of the day to come?"

Anyway, give yourself a half hour to be uneasy, and then just set it aside until tomorrow. Today is where we live, and today is a good day. (And btw, I have extremely cystic breasts and find new cysts ALL THE TIME. Very common situation, though still worrisome. Everything will be fine.)

I weighed in slightly up today, at 174.8. Probably because it's been at least five days since....well, ya know. I never, EVER take laxatives, but I"m starting to wonder here!

I ate steak for breakfast and lunch today and was in HEAVEN. Man, have I missed my meat and fat! Hope I don't gain five pounds overnight!

Night, girls. And remember, sufficient unto the day--no projecting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:30 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

I feel better today and I'm certain it's just a cyst. I'll call this afternoon. First Max is having his ear checkup this morning, then a haircut for school. He starts back on Thursday and he looks like a sheepdog.

Thank Jane and Jessica for the kind words and thoughts. You are right, Jessica. I try to do that too. I'm not a worrier for the most part. I'm one of those "let's get on with it" sort of people.

I had a needle biopsy of a large cyst on the other side. Very unpleasant, expensive and there was nothing there. I won't go through that again. I'd rather go in and have another mammogram in a month to check for changes. It's a shame all the things women have to go through.

Jessica...I'm glad your party turned out nice. I would love, love, love to eat a PB&J! Ha-ha.

I'm so excited for Max to go back to school! Even with all the sickness he picks up, I really need to be able to do stuff in the mornings! It's been very hard this summer not being able to get my stuff done until the late afternoon when Kelsey comes.

Ugh...my weight is up to 185.4 this morning.

To celebrat, on Friday I'm going to a really huge farmers market and out to lunch with my friend and MIL. Yah for fun!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:52 am 
Active Contributor

Jessica, I love what your wrote...thanks for sharing that. I am a worrier and often have to remind myself to let things go. Glad the party went well. I have to admit I love pb & j!

Darn TOM, so still just waiting it out and feeling bloated. I made the mistake of trying on my jeans from last year and they were too tight. :cry: I don't think that is all just TOM weight (well, I know it isn't). Still just frustrating.

Donna, I have mixed feelings about my boys going back to school. Well, I am happy but very nervous about Braden. Alex starts on Wed but Braden doesn't start until next week.

Hope you both have a good day! :sunny:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:45 am 
Frequent Contributor

Hi girls! Nothing on tap for me today--just a pretty, sunny, lazy summer day ahead. I've had to adjust my thinking about the seasons since living in CA. Here, school goes on quite a long time, until nearly the end of June, and doesn't start back until after Labor Day. Where I grew up, we got out in May,and went back halfway through August. So summer just starts later and goes on later here. It's still prime summer in this part of the world! I have one last little vacation planned--going to Denver to see my former neighbor and other friends from our Denver years, right after Labor Day. My choirs don't start back up until mid September, although I need to get started selecting some music for the fall and doing some "promo" work

My weight was 175 today--easily in my "window," but I do hate to see it going up by tiny increments every day. Trying to remind myself that when maintaining, no one's weight is perfectly static. This "maintaining" idea is a totally new world for me, so we'll see how it goes.

Jane, be patient with the bod--nothing you can do about TOM and his blasted water retention but wait it out. Donna--I admire you for not being a worrier. Worry is one of my greatest problems and I believe it's bad for the body AND for the soul.

Have a good one, ladies!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:11 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

Jane...I hope Braden has a better year this year.

Jessica...that sounds like a fun trip before all the seasonal stuff begins.

I'm planning a trip to VA in September. Two of my aunts and uncles from Indiana will be in Williamsburg touring about so we're all going to meet up and have a family dinner.

It's getting cool here in the mornings. Lovely. There are some leaves turning red outside my kitchen window and here and there around town. FALL!

I have a doctor appt. for 09/09. We talked about it and she feels the same as I do. It's actually starting to go down. I think my cyst must have been that extra pound I had yesterday! Ha-ha. Today I'm down to 184.4.

We didn't get Max's haircut yesterday. The wait was 1 hour and I knew he wouldn't be able to stand that. I'll try again today or tomorrow first thing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:28 am 
Frequent Contributor

Arghhhhhh...weight shot up overnight and I have to do a correction day today. Looks like this part of the protocol will be as bumpy as the first part.

Donna--so glad you talked to your doctor. And even more glad the cyst is retreating.

That's all for me today--feeling pretty cranky. Talk to you guys in the a.m.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:29 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Wow! We just had the outer tremors of an earthquake. It was a 5.8 in VA and my whole house was shaking. My lampshades were going crazy! I thought my AC was getting ready to blow up or something. I've never felt that before.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:19 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to my world! It's a VERY disorienting sensation, isn't it? Always makes me a little bit queasy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:18 am 
Active Contributor

Glad you are ok Donna but yes, it must be unnerving to say the least. My sister is in MD and was out shopping when it happened and she said everyone in the store didn't know what was happening at first. I would think that after, you get nervous thinking it would happen again. I guess some people near me said they felt it but I didn't. I am used to Braden thundering around and trucks rumbling by my house, so I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Let's see...I was up at 4 am this morning to make sure Alexander was up and out the door at 4:30 to go to football practice BEFORE school (first day). Now it is 6am and I am eating my lunch of leftover grilled chicken and squash...for breakfast! lol Braden and I have a ton of errands to do today. Looks like it will be a nice day out. I love it. It is feeling like fall to me too. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy so we will enjoy today.

I am trying really hard with my eating. I think I am doing fine other than overdoing the coffee (cream and splenda).

Hope everyone has a good day!

Holy Spam on the site lately.

:spam:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:43 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

Jane...that's a funny picture. My family has a running joke about making sure we buy Spam for emergencies. Ha-ha. Football at 4:30!!!! Crickey! Poor kid.

The earthquake thing was really strange and I did just sit still for a few minutes wondering if it was going to happen again.

My niece put the funniest picture on Facebook...it's of a plastic lawn table and four chairs. One of the chairs is tipped over and the title says, "2011 VA Earthquake....we WILL rebuild!"

Well, I think I am seriously stuck again. I've been up and down 184-185 now for about a week. It took two weeks to get off of 187-188. Oh well, nothing for it.

Got Max's hair cut yesterday and usually he gets buzzed all over except for a little bangs. I forgot to tell them to just trim his bangs so he got buzzed. Now he looks like a convict. I guess his sister will take him out for a tattoo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:31 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Morning, girls. Laffing at the thought of Max as a convict. I'll bet he looks darling--I love little boys with buzz cuts.

Correction day worked and I am back to 175.2--well within my window. Geez--hope it isn't going to be some kind of pattern. I hardly know what to eat today. I haven't even added in the stuff that messes most people up on P3--nuts or cheese. It's going to be a learning curve, obviously.

Enjoy the beautiful day, Jane, and your shopping trip. Donna, be patient--you'll bust through the mini-stall if you hang in there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:40 am 
Frequent Contributor

Good morning!

Max is off to school in mere moments! *Does happy dance*! I can actually go shopping this morning without the little man.

Weight is sadly, 185.6 this morning. I think I will stay off the scale for a week! Such an annoyance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next