Custom Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:11 am 
Frequent Contributor

I woke up this morning feeling just fine, after the fruit and soup day. Also slept really well. I wondered if I would because I felt kind of hungry and tummy-growly, yet also bloated, when I went to bed last night.

Best news is, I'm down 2 pounds since yesterday. Because I was up a pound yesterday over my regular weight, I'll call that a net loss of a pound. Not bad at all--I'm enthused.

Daughter is still asleep (oy, these college kids and how they can sleep...), so I don't know what her results are. She's a fast loser--ah the joy of a 19 yr old body--so I'm betting she had a good loss.

I rather dread today--vegetables or soup for breakfast doesn't sound so good to me. However, daughter and I have planned our day out. There's a little counter-service fish place near us, the California Fish Grill, that serves fire-grilled zucchini as a side dish. So we're "going out" for lunch, to have plain green salads and a side of grilled zucchini. Then we're going for a pedicure. We've decided to make our days very structured and filled with activities, so we don't sit at home and fanatasize about food. LOL

We spent yesterday evening in our neighborhood Borders, perusing fitness and diet magazines and books while sipping water bottles, to keep us out of the kitchen at home. We're trying to make this a fun experiment!

More updates to come. Now I need to go fix my stats to reflect what I actually weigh. (The weight I have had posted all these months was a 1-day low, and to add to that, I went off Atkins for a month in the spring and gained 10 pounds. Yikes!)

Loading 7/11-12, total lost: 24.6 pounds so far! (224/165/165)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:50 am 
Frequent Contributor

Jessica glad you are having success on the soup diet..I did too when I did the first time.....I think the fruit helps me too and I always had more energy doing it too...good luck to you and your daughter :)

Do it for your Health and nothing else. It isn't the size that matters but how healthy you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:41 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Daughter lost a pound, too. We're both feeling really good--not hungry or fatigued at all on vegetable day.

Boy, does this diet seem to have a diuretic effect, though. I can't stay out of the loo for ten mintues.

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:34 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Good for you and your saughter a pounds a day makes me smile that's for sure. :)

Glad you lived through veggie day. I didn't mind it at all. I love veggies

But fruit day RULED!! :)

Best was fruit AND veggie day I almost felt like I could become a vegatarian but I dooo love my meat too. :)

Amy

First try 262/169

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:30 am 
Frequent Contributor

Down another pound after vegetable day! We felt a little famished between meals, but we flew threw the day with no cheating and flying colors. Daughter, of course, is still asleep, being as how it's *only* 9:30. I'll update with her losses (hopefully) when she gets up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:07 pm 

what's the soup diet?

REMEMBER: A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:42 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Hi there, xn0. If you scroll down the index page for Other Low Carb Plans, you'll see several threads about the soup diet. It's a one-week plan to spur some weight loss, but not something you'd want to do on a long-term basis.

I made a new batch of soup today, and I used fresh instead of canned green beans, and chicken broth instead of beef. I also added some shredded cabbage, plus 2 tsp. of basil and 1 tsp. of oregano for flavor. I like this batch MUCH better, and don't even gag when I eat it. I had melon and (of course) soup for breakast, grilled zucchini and a green salad for lunch, roasted asparagus and cherries for a mid afternoon snack, and am about to have soup and a peach for dinner. I'm hungry, but surviving. Sure do miss my protein. I've had several glasses of skim milk to try to keep my protein intake up.

Oh, and the daughter lost 2 pounds this morning!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:35 pm 
Frequent Contributor

GREAT JOB!! Both of you!! Maybe she lost more cause of all that extra sleep. :) hehe

I woudl love to sleep till 9:30 My son who likes to get up at the crack of dawn isn't home this weekend so maybe I can get some sleep. :)

Amy

First try 262/169

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:30 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Hey, sounds like you guys are doing great! Isn't today banana and milk day? The day when you are supposed to only eat bananas, soup, and drink milk? I loved that day. I ate so many bananas and was done like 3 pounds the next day. I think it is very important to do the diet as written because it is structured that way for the best results. I'll be curious to see how you do after today.

I read somewhere that some people put the soup in a food processor for a more creamy type of soup like tomatoe soup. And on milk and banana day they put milk in with it for a real creamy soup. I've never tried it that way, but I'll bet it is good.

Started Atkins June/03.
264/180 Goal Aug/08.

One Day At A Time
Don't trade what you want most for what you want right now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:00 am 
Frequent Contributor

Coasty, you're right--tomorrow is bananas and milk day. (Which is slightly confusing, because skim milk is listed on the list of acceptable drinks for EVERY day, as I printed out the diet.)

My daughter and I are planning to make smoothies, as well as eat sliced bananas in a bowl of milk. Can't wait! I haven't had a banana in years!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:08 am 
Frequent Contributor

Here's the plan, as I printed out from one of the other threads on this board:

This 7-day eating plan can be used as often as you like. If correctly followed, it will clean out your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being. After only 7 days of this process, you will begin to feel lighter by at least 10 pounds and possibly 17 pounds, and experience an abundance of energy.
SOUP:

1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
3 plus large green onions
1 large can of beef broth (no fat)
1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle)
1 bunch of celery
2 cans green beans
2 lbs. Carrots
2 Green Peppers

Season with salt, pepper curry, parsley, if desired, or bouillon, hot or Worcestershire sauce. Cut veggies in small to medium pieces. Cover with water. Boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook until veggies are tender.

This soup can be eaten anytime you are hungry during the week. Eat as much as you want, whenever you want. This soup will not add calories. The more you eat, the more you will lose. You may want to fill a thermos in the morning if you will be away during the day.

DRINKS:
Unsweetened juices
Tea (also herbal)
Coffee
Cranberry juice
Skim milk
Water, water, water

DAY ONE
Any fruit (except bananas). Cantaloupes and watermelon are lower in calories than most other fruits. Eat only soup and fruit today.

DAY TWO
All vegetables. Eat until you are stuffed with fresh raw, cooked or canned veggies. Try to eat green leafy veggies and stay away from dry beans, peas or corn. Eat veggies along with the soup. At dinnertime tonight reward yourself with a big baked potato and butter. Don't eat any fruits through today.

DAY THREE
Eat all the soup, fruit and veggies you want. Do not have a baked potato. If you have eaten as above for three days and not cheated, you should find that you have lost 5-7 pounds.

DAY FOUR
Bananas and skim milk: Eat at least 3 bananas and drink as much milk as you can today, along with the soup. Bananas are high in calories and carbohydrates, as is the milk but on this particular day, your body will need the potassium and carbs. Proteins and calcium to lessen the cravings for sweets.

DAY FIVE
Beef and tomatoes: you may have 10 to 20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes, or as many as 6 tomatoes on this day. Eat the soup at least once today.

DAY SIX
Beef and veggies, eat to your heart's content of the beef and veggies today. You can even have 2-3 steaks if you like with green leafy veggies but no baked potato. Be sure to eat the soup at least once today.

DAY SEVEN
Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice and veggies, again, be sure to stuff yourself and eat the soup. You can add cooked veggies to your rice if you wish.

By the end of the 7th day, if you have not cheated on this diet, you should have lost 10 to 17 pounds. If you have lost more than 17 pounds, stay off the diet for two days before resuming the diet again.

This diet is fast. The secret lies within the principle that you will burn more calories than you take in. It will flush your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being. This diet does not lend itself to drinking any alcoholic beverages at any time. Because of the fat build-up in your system. Go off the diet at least 14 hours before any intake of alcohol.

Due to the variety of digestive systems in individuals, this diet will affect everyone differently. After day three, you will have more energy than when you began, if you do not cheat. After being on the diet for several days, you will find that your bowel movements have changed. Eat a cup of bran or fiber. Although you can have black coffee with this diet, you may find that you don't need caffeine after the third day.

The basic fat burning soup can be eaten anytime you feel hungry during the seven days. Eat as much as you wish. Remember the more you eat, the more you will lose. You can eat broiled, boiled or baked chicken instead of the beef. Absolutely no skin on the chicken. If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef on only one of the beef days. You need the high protein in the beef for the other days.

Continue on the diet as long as you wish and feel the difference both mentally and physically.

DO NOT - DO NOT
No bread, alcohol, carbonated drinks (including diet drinks). Remember, absolutely no fried foods.

DO - DO - DO - DO
Drink plenty - at least 6 to 8 glasses - of water a day, as well as any combination of the following beverages: black coffee, unsweetened fruit drinks, cranberry juice and skim milk.

This diet comes from the Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital that is used for overweight heart patients in order to lose weight rapidly, usually prior to surgery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:06 am 
Frequent Contributor

That is the plan, but the milk is not meant to be for everyday. They list it so that you know to drink skim milk on milk day.

The diet I have saved to my computer is the same except that it does not list milk as something to drink everyday. I truly believe that that is a misprint. I've talked to several people who have done this and they only drink milk on milk day. Sorry if what was posted was not accurate. :-(

Here is what I have and have alway followed with very good results.
Granted, you've had fairly good results, but I'm willing to bet that your results would have been far better without drinking the milk everyday.

Quote:
Soup Diet-A Diet That Works

This diet can be used as often as you like. If correctly followed it will clean out your system impurities and give you a well being as never before. After only 7 days of this process you will feel lighter by 7-possibly 17 lbs and have an abundance of energy.
Continue this diet as long as you wish, this diet is FAST FAT BURNING and the secret is that you will burn more calories than you take in.

RECIPE-------------THE FAT BURNING SOUP

1-2 cans of stewed tomatoes
3 large onions
2 cans of beef or chicken broth with very little water
2 cans of green beans or 2 lbs of frozen green beans
2 lbs of carrots
1 bunch celery
2 large green peppers
½ bunch of fresh parsley leaves
½ pkg of chicken noodle or onion soup

You may use V8 or tomato juice instead of water. Season with salt, pepper, curry, bouillon, hot sauce, Worcestershire, paprika, or any seasoning you like. Cut vegetables into bite size pieces. Put your stewed tomatoes, soup broth, and juice and water into a large cooking pot. Add your vegetables, carrots, celery, peppers, onions, and parsley leaves, and raw green beans or frozen. Boil hard for 10 min. then reduce heat and simmer until done. Add the can of green beans and ½ pkg of soup about ½ hour before done. Taste is the best way to know. You can have your veggies a little on the crisp side if you like.
NOTE: Should not need too much water!

This soup can be eaten anytime you are hungry, during the week. Everyday eat as much as you want, as this soup will not add calories.
THE MORE YOU EAT THE MORE YOU WILL LOSE!!
Take a thermos of soup when you are gone to work or out for the day.

DRINKS ALLOWED---
Unsweetened juices, cranberry juice, tea, herbal tea, coffee, skim milk or soymilk.
And drink lots of purified water 10-18 glasses per day.

By the end of the 7th day, if you have not cheated, you should have lost 5-10 lbs, up to 17 lbs, depending on your weight. If you lost more than 17 lbs stop for 2 days and then start again.

This diet does not lend itself to alcoholic beverages at anytime because of the fat build up in your system. Go off the diet for at least 24 hours before you drink any alcohol.
Because everyone’s digestive system is different, this diet will affect everyone differently.
After 3 days you will have more energy than you had when you began (IF YOU DON’T CHEAT) although you can have black coffee with this diet, you may find that after the 3rd day you don’t need the caffeine.

The basic fat burning soup can be eaten anytime you feel hungry during the 7 days. Eat as much as you want and remember the more you eat the more you will lose.

You can eat baked, broiled, stewed, roasted chicken (absolutely no skin) instead of beef. Or if you prefer to have fish on one of your meat days by all means do so and bake or broil it, preferably salmon or mackerel. You can have canned tuna, sardines, and salmon as well instead for that day.

Any prescribed medication will not hurt nor affect you on this diet, continue the diet as long as you wish and feel the difference, mentally, physically and feel healthy…

DO NOT EAT:

BREAD, ALCOHOL, CARBONATED DRINKS, SOFT DRINKS, THIS INCLUDES DIET POP AS WELL, ABSOLUTELY NO FRIED FOODS AND NO FAT. IF YOU ARE ON A SALT OR SUGAR FREE DIET DO NOT USE SALT OR SUGAR.

DO DRINK:

AS MUCH AS YOU WANT OF BLACK COFFEE, UNSWEETENED JUICES, CRANBERRY JUICE, HERBAL TEAS, AND WATER, WATER, WATER!!!

This diet comes from the sacred heart memorial hospital and is used for overweight heart patients in order to lose weight rapidly, usually prior to heart surgery.

When you have reached you desired weight and are able to maintain it, you may eat other foods when you like and then go back to your diet and feel great and healthier.

DAY 1---Eat any kind of fruit (except bananas) Cantaloupe and watermelon are the best, and are lower in calories than most fruits. Eat only fruit today and don’t forget your soup.

DAY 2---Eat all vegetables today. Eat until you are stuffed with raw green leafy salads and raw veggies or cooked. Eat only veggies today and your soup. (DO NOT EAT PEAS, CORN, or DRY BEANS)
FOR DINNER—you can treat yourself to a big baked potato smothered in butter, or olive oil.
Do not eat any fruit today.

DAY 3---eat fruit and veggies today along with your soup, but no baked potato or bananas.
If you have eaten the above for 3 days you should have lost 5-7 lbs, if not do not be discouraged, you will lose.

DAY 4---today is BANANA and MILK day. Make banana milkshakes or eat up to 3 large bananas with as much milk as you want. Do not forget your soup today.
Bananas are high in potassium calories, carbohydrates as in milk, but on this day your body will need potassium, carbohydrates, protein, and calcium to lessen your cravings for sweets.

DAY 5---Beef and tomato day along with your soup. You may have 10-20 oz of beef, chicken, or fish with 1 can stew tomatoes or 4 fresh tomatoes.

DAY 6---Beef or your substitute and vegetables.
Eat veggies to your hearts content, and 2-3 steaks along with salad made from leafy green vegetables. Add oil and vinegar dressing with herbs and seasoning or cole slaw. NO BAKED POTATO AND EAT YOUR SOUP ALONG WITH IT.

DAY 7---Brown rice, unsweetened juice and veggies. Make sure to stuff yourself and have soup once today. You can stir fry with very little olive oil and water and seasoning and serve it over rice.

REMEMBER---YOU CAN EAT AS MUCH AS YOU WANT AND STILL LOSE. YOU MAY HAVE FISH OR CHICKEN INSTEAD OF BEEF OR HAVE TWO ON ONE DAY WHERE BEEF IS TO BE EATEN.

Weigh yourself every week after you wake and have gone for a bowel movement for this is your correct weight, early Monday morning…

ENJOY AND LOSE AND FEEL BETTER, AND PASS IT ALONG TO YOUR FRIENDS…

Started Atkins June/03.
264/180 Goal Aug/08.

One Day At A Time

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:04 am 
Frequent Contributor

I agree I looked back to where I saved it and on mine it looks like milk was only ment for milk day!

I woudl not drink any more milk unless it's that day and maybe you will get even BETETR results then you have already gotten. :)

Good luck glad you are liking your second batch of soup better. Were you already done with the first batch or just trying a differnt kind for varity???

Amy

First try 262/169

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:20 am 
Frequent Contributor

Oh, I don't think it's a misprint because it occurs very clearly also in the second to last paragraph:

"Drink plenty...as well as any combination of the following beverages: black coffee, unsweetened fruit drinks, cranberry juice and skim milk."

I think it's just a different variation of the diet than the one you guys used. If you Google "soup diet," you'd be AMAZED how many come up!

Anyway, the milk has comparable calories to the unsweetened fruit juices, but has 9 grams of protein a cup. I'm skipping the fruit juices, myself.

Truly appreciate the input, girls. Thanks for the support!

(P.S. Down another 2 pounds today!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:12 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Um, okay. I guess you must like the milk. :lol:

I've also googled the soup diet before and have never seen one that says to drink milk everyday. There is a reason for MILK day.

Anyhow, it's your decision to do it the way you like. I just thought I'd give my input. Perhaps sometime you might try it the other way to see what kind of results it produces.

Started Atkins June/03.
264/180 Goal Aug/08.

One Day At A Time

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next