All times are UTC - 6 hours

Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:28 pm 

Has anyone tried this particular program?

Restarted 2/12/09 @206 lbs.
goal weight: 170lbs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:46 pm 

I have not tried it myself, but if you google 'fatoss4idiots' you'll find at least a dozen reviews on different websites.

Of course, take all those with a pinch of salt, what people say isn't necessarily applicable to you, but they are good to have an idea on how it works before to actually spend your money. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:18 am 
Active Contributor

I'm contemplating trying this, actually, carb cycling, which in essence is probably the same thing as calorie shifting. I've been on induction for one month and have only lost five pounds. And with 70 pounds to lose overall, I feel like I should have lost at least twice that by now. I'm really getting frustrated. This is my second time around on Atkins after a 7 year break and food fest. Although I expected a slower loss rate this time, I didn't expect that I would lose this slowly.

I wonder if shaking up my system once every week with some higher carb foods like beans, fruits, or whole grains for one day might keep my body guessing. Who knows! Much has changed with my body since my first go around in 2003... menopause, gallbladder removal, vitamin D and B12 deficiency. I'm a mess. lol. My body has lost the ability to absorb B12 which plays a critical role in the body's ability to breakdown and absorb certain fats, so it's possible that a higher fat eating plan such as Atkins is not right for me any longer. I've started B12 shots, now for the rest of my life, so we'll see if this does anything to speed up the loss rate.

In theory, calorie shifting makes sense to me. As long as you have a deficit at the end of the week one would assume you will lose. The carb cycling on the other hand, I'm not so sure. Atkins is a ketogenic plan, so throwing your body in and out of ketosis hardly seems to make sense. But, I may just follow a lower carb plan like 30 grams per day, and carb up one day a week. My body will not go into ketosis above 30 grams, but if I keep it at 30 grams and lower my fat intake to 40% or less, maybe it will work. I'll give it a try for a few weeks and post back the results.

234/196/150 5'10" , 46 years old
Start Date 11/13/11